There’s no wrong time to start developing effective study habits! Our Study Skills programs in the Cincinnati region help equip students with essential skills they can put to good use throughout their education. Areas of focus include time management skills to effectively transition from elementary school to college and even in the workplace. Whether your goal is to help keep your son or daughter from falling behind or provide that extra guidance to get ahead, our study tips and strategies are sure to make a positive impact.
Get Smart About Studying
Combining both instruction and independent learning, we help ensure smart study skills become deep-rooted habits. These are essential habits that children can take with them as they grow up and expectations increase.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Every child is unique. That means there's no such thing as a one-size-fits-all solution for their education, especially when it comes to behaviors and attitudes that affect performance in every subject. Our Personalized Tutoring program caters to the unique learning needs of each child. The skill sets we focus on include:
- Active reading techniques: Reading comprehension skills play a key role in all school subjects.
- Conquering the writing process: We can help students become more skilled and proficient writers.
- Helpful strategies for taking notes: Get smart about study time with practical and effective techniques like color-coding and flash cards.
- Time management skills: Sometimes knowing where to begin is the hardest part. We’ll help your child learn how to successfully organize and prioritize a heavy workload.
- Research strategies: We take a deep dive into specific subjects and look at the best ways to write bibliographies and evaluate sources.
- Internet safety: We help kids learn how to use the internet safely and effectively, including finding, evaluating and sharing digital information in a responsible manner.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
From getting more proficient at studying and advanced research to setting smart goals, we can help teens enrich skills that they can take with them into adulthood. Our passionate tutors motivate students to work and study smarter so they can achieve their full potential. Through our Advancement & Test Prep program, your teen will:
- Develop the appropriate competencies: This modular program lets you choose which topics to concentrate on, so we can be sure your teen’s specific needs are met.
- Build lifelong skills: Interactive learning means students have an abundance of opportunities to put their new competencies to work. This helps concepts truly stick and turns smart habits into lifelong skill sets.
- Improve confidence: By encouraging positive behaviors, we can help teens feel more confidence and prepared to tackle big expectations ahead.
- Get ready for greater responsibilities: The skills your teen learns at Sylvan don’t just come in handy in college. You son or daughter will also work on advanced goal setting techniques, job interview preparation and more.