It's not always easy to juggle school-related responsibilities like homework, college prep, advanced classes and extracurricular activities — not to mention socializing! That’s where Sylvan’s study skills program in the Minot, Bismarck and Dickinson region can make a huge difference: we can help your pre-teen or teen effectively prepare for this exciting yet demanding phase in his or her life. Specially developed for students in grades 4-12, our study skills program focuses on equipping students with important critical thinking skills and valuable time management, organization and strategic planning abilities. These skills will not only help set your child on the path to success in high school and college, but they can also carry forward into his or her personal and professional life. Get in touch with us today to learn more about how our tutoring experts in the Minot, Bismarck and Dickinson region can help your child fulfill goals and tackle any workload.
Our Comprehensive Approach
While you may be familiar with helping your child with a spelling question or a science fair project, equipping him or her with effective study skills and techniques may not come as easy. Rest assured our skilled tutors in the Minot, Bismarck and Dickinson region use a range of study strategies to equip your child with practical skills that can be applied in school, in college and beyond: organizational tactics, time management techniques, academic planning tips and more.▼
Here's What You Can Expect
Passing a test or exam is one thing, but there’s more to success in school than grades alone. That’s why our study skills experts in the Minot, Bismarck and Dickinson region ensure the bigger picture is accounted for. Our program is devised to ensure your child is well prepared and properly equipped for the mounting workloads and expectations ahead. This involves teaching effective study strategies and goal-setting techniques that can be put to work time and again.
Through our study skills program, your child will learn effective strategies including:
- Time management for effectively managing time and schoolwork.
- Strategic planning for setting short-term and long term-goals.
- Academic planning for mapping out and tracking long-term projects.
- Better organization for tackling coursework, optimizing a personal study area, setting personal expectations and utilizing an academic planner.
- How to use active listening.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- Getting to understand college admissions requirements, including the college admission essay.
- Job interviewing techniques and how to write an impactful cover letter and resume.