Trying to balance everything from schoolwork, essays and projects to college prep, extracurricular events and social activities is no easy task! But with Sylvan's study skills program in the Minot, Bismarck and Dickinson region, you can help your teen or pre teen prepare for an exciting yet challenging time in his or her life. We've specifically designed our study skills program for students in grades 4-12, focusing on "higher order" thinking skills and strategies such as time management, academic planning and interview preparation. These skills will not only help set your child on the path to success in high school and college, but they can also carry forward into his or her personal and professional life. Contact us today to discover how our knowledgeable tutors in the Minot, Bismarck and Dickinson region can help your child realize his or goals and take on increasing workloads with confidence.
A Practical Approach for Tangible Results
You might be accustomed to assisting your child with a math question or an art project, but equipping him or her with effective study skills and strategies can be a challenge. Using an encompassing array of study strategies and techniques, our talented tutors in the Minot, Bismarck and Dickinson region zero in on practical skills that can be put to use immediately in school and beyond: time management and organization, academic and strategic planning, and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Here's What You Can Expect
Passing a test or exam is one thing, but there’s more to success in school than grades alone. This is why our study skills tutors in the Minot, Bismarck and Dickinson region take the bigger picture into account. We have carefully developed our program around preparing your son or daughter for the increasing workloads and growing expectations ahead. That includes teaching proven goal-setting strategies and study tips that can be used time and again. In addition to these life-long skills, we also continually reinforce positive attitudes, building your teen's confidence at a crucial point in his or her journey to adulthood.
Our study skills program features such strategies and tactics as:
- Time management competencies for efficiently managing schedules and coursework.
- Strategic and academic planning in order to set and accomplish short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organizational abilities for streamlining schoolwork, arranging a personal study area, setting personal expectations and using an academic planner.
- Learning how to identify teacher expectations and use active listening.
- Getting to grips with college admissions requirements, including the college admission essay.
- Job interview tips and how to write a great resume and cover letter.