Strong study habits are essential for even the youngest learners. Our Study Skills programs in Wake Forest, North Carolina have the power to ensure your son or daughter learns how to tackle increasing workloads from elementary school to college and beyond with ease. Whether your child has started to fall behind in class or has the ambition to get ahead, our study tips and techniques are proven to make a big difference.
Learning How to Study More Effectively
At Sylvan, instruction is supplemented with lots of opportunity for hands-on practice to test out new skills and ensure good study habits are being formed!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
The right approach for instilling positive attitudes towards studying and smart study habits depends on each child’s unique needs. That's why our Personalized Tutoring program is designed to be comprehensive. It covers a diverse array of academic areas, including:
- Active reading: Better comprehension is an important asset in any subject area.
- Effective note taking strategies: Using tools to make study time more productive, including flash cards and color coding.
- Time management: Higher scores are possible when your child learns how to organize and prioritize his or her workload.
- Research skills: Including how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- Mastering the writing process: Our students are taught to be effective, engaging communicators.
- Online safety: Including learning how to find and assess digital informational, and share it in a responsible fashion.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Our expert tutors know that teaching your teen things like smart study habits, good time management, how to set goals, digital literacy and strong research and writing skills are essential for success well into adulthood. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Sharpen the right skills: You decide the skill areas to focus on — such as note-taking or presentation skills — so we're concentrating on the areas most relevant to your teen.
- Gain more confidence: We encourage positive behaviors and attitudes to help teens gain the confidence to persevere and meet big expectations.
- Develop skills for the future: We can help him or her work on public speaking, goal setting and even job interview preparation.