Workloads grow and assignments get tougher as your child progresses through school, but there is a way to successfully take on these challenges. With Sylvan's study skills programs in Huntersville, you can help your child manage his or her time better, prepare for exams more effectively and lay the groundwork for a successful college application. It’s the ideal way to foster positive habits for managing even the most extensive “to do” list. But our study skills program doesn’t just encourage academic success — it also improves organizational habits that students will put to good use outside of the classroom. Our instructors know exactly how to set students in Huntersville up for future success.
A Tailored, Personal Approach
Not all adolescents have the same needs when it comes to developing those all-important "higher order" thinking skills. Developing strategies for more effective exam preparation, assignment planning and active listening in the classroom are all essential to long-term success. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Getting into the Right Habits
So what happens once your son or daughter is registered for our study skills program in Huntersville? Our tutoring experts will impart study skills that are not only applicable in school but can also be used throughout life. That includes tips for making completing assignments and studying for tests that much easier. We also reinforce positive habits and attitudes, recognizing students for every skill they learn and milestone they reach.
Our program covers the following:
- Active reading and listening strategies, as well as presentation techniques.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to manage anxiety and take on various types of questions.
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Writing and research tips, including how to assess the suitability of sources and create a bibliography.
- How to use and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the college admissions process.