Want your child to get a head start on important study habits? Our Study Skills programs in High Point are designed to help your son or daughter learn the tools to conquer growing workloads starting in elementary school and beyond. If your child is starting to fall behind or is looking for ways to get ahead, our tutors can provide valuable study tips that will encourage growth.
Smart Study Techniques
By combining instruction with plenty of practice and chances to test developing skills, we can make sure good study habits become ingrained!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Because every child has individual needs, there's no one-size-fits-all method to instill life-long study skills and facilitate positive academic behaviors and attitudes. That’s where our Personalized Tutoring program comes in. The following skill sets will be covered:
- Effective note taking: Aids like color coding and flash cards can help make studying more effective.
- Research best practices: From evaluating sources to writing a proper bibliography.
- Time management: Organizing and prioritizing are the keys to efficient study habits.
- Mastering the writing process: With practice, your child will learn how to become a stronger writer.
- Active reading: Better comprehension skills will improve your child's scores across all subjects.
- Online safety: How to choose reliable sources and share digital information responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Study habits, goal setting, digital literacy, time management and more: our tutors know how to help teens develop practical academic skills that can be used well into adulthood. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Sharpen and build on essential skills: You select the skill sets you'd like us to target — such as note taking, time management or presentations skills — so we're paying the most attention to the areas your teen requires extra support.
- Build confidence for conquering every challenge: We encourage positive attitudes and behaviors so your teen is comfortable persevering to meet high expectations.
- Develop skills that will be useful in the future: Sylvan can guide your son or daughter in building essential skills including goal setting, public speaking and job interview prep!