As your child makes his or her way through school, it's inevitable that the workloads will become more demanding and the assignments will get tougher — but there is a way to prepare for these growing challenges. Thanks to Sylvan’s study skills programs in Garner, your child will develop better time management and exam preparation skills while also getting ready for future college applications. It’s an effective way to nurture the skills to manage any “to do” list. After all, success at school demands strong organizational habits as well as effective academic skills. That's how we help Garner pre-teens and teens prepare to succeed in the classroom and beyond.
Our Personal Learning Experience
No two students are exactly the same when it comes to learning those all important “higher order” thinking skills. From exam preparation to advanced research and active listening skills, a number of factors have to be considered in order to maximize all-round academic performance. At Sylvan, adapting to each student’s unique needs is a priority so we’re able to provide relevant and personalized sessions that focus on practical study tips for boosting grades and building confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
See the Difference We Can Make
So what can you expect when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Garner? Our tutoring experts will instill life-long study skills that will pay dividends far beyond school. That includes sharing study tips that will make assignments, projects and tests much more manageable. We also help students foster their newly acquired habits and attitudes, recognizing each milestone reached and every skill mastered.
Our study skills program at a glance:
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety. How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the college admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.