Progressing through school means bigger workloads and tougher assignments, but there is a way to help your child take on these challenges and fulfill his or her potential. With our study skills program in Durham, you can help your son or daughter develop better time management skills, learn more effective exam preparation methods and even lay the groundwork for a compelling college application. It’s the ideal way to foster positive habits for managing even the most extensive “to do” list. After all, our study skills program isn't only focused on academics: it emphasizes all-round organizational tools and techniques as well. That’s how our experts prepare students in Durham for success an all facets of their lives.
Tailored to be More Personal
When it comes to strengthening those all-important "higher order" thinking skills, different students have different needs. We provide tips for smarter assignment planning and exam preparation as well as effective research strategies and advice on how to improve in-class learning with better active listening skills. That's why we personalize our sessions to make sure each student has the support and guidance to study more effectively, boost grades and gain more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Can Help Make a Difference
So what should your expectations be when you register your child for our study skills program in Durham? You'll see that our tutors are experts at instilling study habits that will serve your child well in the classroom and beyond. That includes sharing study tips that will make assignments, projects and tests much more manageable. We also help students nurture positive habits, recognizing every skill mastered and every milestone reached.
Our program at a glance:
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the college admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.