Developing strong study habits early on is essential if you want your child to succeed. Our Study Skills programs in Charlotte can help educate your son or daughter on how to manage increasing workloads from elementary, high school and college to the workforce. If your child is starting to fall behind or is looking for ways to get ahead, our tutors can provide valuable study tips that will encourage growth.
Smart Study Techniques
We combine instruction with plenty of practice and hands-on exercises to test out developing skills to make sure they are becoming good study habits!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
The right approach for instilling positive attitudes towards studying and smart study habits depends on each child’s unique needs. That’s where our Personalized Tutoring programs can be of assistance. All of the following areas are covered:
- Time management: Your child will learn to organize and prioritize much more effectively.
- Active reading strategies: Stronger comprehension is an important asset across all subjects.
- Effective note taking: Flash cards, color coding and other techniques make time spent studying more productive.
- Research skills: Learning how to assess sources and write a bibliography, focusing on particular subjects.
- Mastering the writing process: In time, your son or daughter will become an effective, engaging writer.
- Online safety: Including how to locate and evaluate information, and share digital assets responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Study habits, goal setting, digital literacy, time management and more: our tutors know how to help teens develop practical academic skills that can be used well into adulthood. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Build a strong foundation of essential skills: Let us know what areas you want us to focus on — such as time management, presentation skills or note taking — and we'll make sure your teen is getting the right guidance.
- Instill the confidence to take on new challenges: Positive behaviors and attitudes will supplement the practical skills learned so your teen has the confidence to meet any challenge head on.
- Develop skills for the future: Sylvan can make sure your son or daughter succeeds well beyond the classroom with essential skills like goal setting, public speaking and how to prepare for a job interview!