As your child continues to progress through each grade, workloads and assignments will become tougher to manage — but there are strategies for conquering new challenges with ease. Sylvan's study skills program in Burlington is designed to help students improve their time management, learn how to prepare for tests and successfully prepare for challenges to come. It’s the ideal way to foster positive habits for managing even the most extensive “to do” list.
An Approach Tailored to Your Child
When it comes to strengthening those all-important "higher order" thinking skills, different students have different needs. In fact, a combination of techniques are needed to ensure the best possible academic performance, including advanced research skills, assignment planning and the ability to use active listening in class. That's why we assess each student's needs to help ensure every session is both relevant and personalized, emphasizing the most effective ways to study, achieve better grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
See the Difference We Can Make
So what is in store when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Burlington? Our tutoring experts will impart study skills that are not only applicable in school but can also be used throughout life. They will also provide useful tips for improving test preparation as well as assignment and project planning. Our main goal is to instill a positive attitude, making sure we take the time to recognize students for the progress they make during each session.
Our study skills program at a glance:
- Tips for developing better time management and planning habits.
- Test day strategies for managing stress and improving results.
- Efficient note-taking techniques that will make studying and preparing for tests easier.
- Active reading and listening strategies that will increase comprehension and improve presentation skills.
- Learn research best practices, how to choose the right sources and how to write an accurate bibliography.
- Practice and improve written communication skills.
- Help navigating the ins and out of the college admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Beneficial scheduling options that will help you manage your family’s time effectively.