As school workloads grow and the challenges of college get closer, you can help ensure your son or daughter is prepared with Sylvan’s study skills program in North Carolina. Through our program, kids in grades 4-12 can develop practical life management, critical thinking and problem solving skills, enabling them to manage their schoolwork and schedules more effectively. As your child learns tools and techniques that can be used in and beyond school, you'll see his or her confidence grow! Help your child get equipped for success: get in touch with your local Sylvan in North Carolina today to get started.
Prepare for a Bright Future Ahead
With the extra burden of homework, advanced classes, part-time jobs and a host of extracurricular activities, it's easy to see how much modern students have to fit in to their schedules. Add college applications to the mix and it can be extremely difficult to stay on top of things. But our study skills program is designed to have a big impact: our tutoring experts help students develop valuable strategies in order to more effectively plan, manage and prioritize their schedules and workloads.▼
The Skills to Achieve More in School and Beyond
A solid foundation leads to success. So our study skills program in North Carolina is all about the kind of transferable skills and strategies that can be applied immediately in the classroom — as well as in college and professional settings later on. We always take the bigger picture into consideration, so our goal is to instill lifelong knowledge for personal and academic success. We’re here to enhance your child’s skillset so he or she can meet any challenge with confidence.
Your Child Will Learn:
- How to manage workloads and schedules better.
- Strategies for short-term and long-term goal setting.
- Techniques for project planning, tracking and management.
- Organizational methods for effective personal study areas and efficient approaches to homework.
- How to set personal expectations, track grades and make effective use of an academic calendar.
- Active listening skills.
- How to successfully apply for college and write a compelling admission essay.
- Job interview preparation techniques, including how to create a resume that works.