With Sylvan’s Robotics for Kids courses in Durham, after-school learning has never been cooler! Your child will not only have a great time building and animating an original LEGO® robot each week — he or she will also develop important science and engineering skills along the way. These courses are a terrific way help ensure your child is inspired, motivated and a having ton of fun after the school bell rings. Our programs also give your child a real edge for the future by equipping him or her with vital 21st century competencies.
Advance Your Child’s Skill Set
Career opportunities in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) are growing, so it's smart to ensure your child gains a 21st century skill set at an early age. That’s why you’ll be happy to know that our Robotics for Kids courses in Durham have been specially developed to challenge and motivate students in elementary and middle school to get to grips with modern-day competencies like computer programming and problem solving — all without skimping on fun, of course! Working with a friend, your child will learn practical STEM concepts — and build confidence — by using kid-friendly technology to develop a variety of cool robots.▼
Programs Both Kids and Parents Will Love
No previous experience or expertise is needed for kids of all ages to get the most out of our Robotics for Kids programs! Parents are involved too, receiving detailed updates every step of the way. That includes sending you weekly communications to share student progress, recap STEM concepts learned and preview next week’s project. There are also wrap-up tasks and reinforcement tools for each session, helping kids consolidate the skills learned in class — and share amazing accomplishments with friends and family!
Our Robotics Courses Come Complete With:
- Small groups and personalized attention (only 12 students or fewer per class)
- Interactive and collaborative activities that make learning fun!
- The friendships that flourish as students partner up to build and animate LEGO® robots together
- Kid-friendly software that’s fun to play around with
- A unique STEM curriculum that focuses on equipping students with a practical, relevant skill set
- Weekly communication, so parents stay informed throughout the course