The right reading tutor in Raleigh can make all the difference to your child’s reading ability, helping to boost confidence and lead to great results in the classroom and beyond. Our talented tutors are here to provide the personalized learning your child needs to succeed, no matter if he or she is falling behind, needs extra practice or wants to get ahead.
Tutoring Programs Tailored to Your Child's Needs
Sylvan offers varying approaches to reading tutoring to make sure your child is learning in the best way for his or her needs. After pinpointing your child’s current level, we’ll recommend the right path to ensure he or she can get results quickly.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
This program is designed for kids who are having a hard time getting their reading skills up to grade level. Here's what you can expect with our Personalized Tutoring:
- Personalized support throughout. We start with a personalized learning plan, and we continually update that plan to make sure reading is a fun challenge for your child rather than a source of stress and frustration.
- Targeted learning. Using a detailed reading assessment, we have the insight to know what your child needs to improve reading comprehension and fluency.
- Budget-friendly rates. Our hourly rates are similar to those offered by private tutors and other tutoring companies, helping to keep the best reading help within your family's budget.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
If your child could use a little extra practice with reading-related homework and tests in order to stay on track in class, this is the program for you. Here what our Academic Coaching offers:
- Practical tutoring to develop and hone reading comprehension skills, stay up-to-date with homework and boost results in class.
- Learning sessions that feature skill practice, homework help and test prep tips, all focused on meeting your child's unique needs.
- An up-to-date curriculum that aligns with your school to make a greater impact in the classroom.
- Competitively priced monthly packages that work with your family's needs and budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (K-12)
If your child is on the fast track or needs guidance to handle a bigger workload, you can help your teen adapt to accelerated coursework and prepare for college-level classes with our Advanced Reading Skills course. Here's what you can expect with this program:
- More confidence (and less stress) for tackling big workloads
- Efficiency at completing reading assignments in advanced courses
- Better time management for completing homework and studying for tests that have a significant reading component — including the SAT and ACT
- Higher scores on homework, tests, and on college entrance exams
- Preparation for college workloads and high expectations
- Competitive hourly rates
Start Now and Enjoy Our Limited-Time Offer!
There's still plenty of time to prepare for success in the new school year. With a detailed Academic Checkup, we can understand how your child is doing in relation to national norms — and use our findings to identify specific skills for improvement. Start today for only $95*!