When you find the right reading tutor in Garner, you can expect your child’s reading skills to improve — and for his or her confidence to get a real boost, leading to greater success in the classroom and beyond. Whether it's help to keep from falling behind, a little extra practice to stay on track or the support to master advanced topics and get ahead, our tutors can help.
Different Programs for Different Needs
Sylvan offers varying approaches to reading tutoring to make sure your child is learning in the best way for his or her needs. We first assess your child’s current level, including any skills gaps or opportunities, and then recommend the right path to ensure the most effective learning experience possible.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
This program is a great fit if your child is struggling with reading scores and needs help getting skills up to grade level. We focus on fundamental reading concepts and important reading skills that will allow your son or daughter to make real progress and get those grades back to where they ought to be! With our Personalized Tutoring, you can expect:
- Success in school and at homework time. We guarantee progress!
- The exact support your child needs. The results of our comprehensive reading assessment allow us to pinpoint what your child needs to improve fluency, comprehension and reading competence.
- Higher confidence and full support. Our certified reading tutors know how to adjust your child’s personalized learning plan so reading is challenging and fun — not frustrating.
- The right skills honed for success. With our curriculum that aligns with what’s taught in schools, you’ll see a direct impact in classroom performance.
- Competitive rates. Our hourly rates are comparable to other tutoring companies and private tutors, so getting the best reading help for your family is affordable.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is designed for children who need extra support with reading homework and tests and to stay on course for good results in the classroom. Here’s what’s included with Academic Coaching:
- Practical tutoring to develop and hone reading comprehension skills, stay up-to-date with homework and boost results in class.
- Learning sessions that feature skills practice, homework help and test prep tips, all focused on meeting your child's unique needs.
- An up-to-date curriculum that aligns with your school to make a greater impact in the classroom.
- Interactive activities that are focused on reading and understanding a variety of reading materials.
- Competitively priced monthly packages that work with your family's needs and budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (K-12)
If your child is on the fast track or wants to do a better job with advanced course loads and tougher assignments, this reading program could be perfect for your family. Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course can help your teen adapt to and become proficient at accelerated courses and college-level classes. Here's what you can expect with this program:
- Bigger confidence (and less frustration) in managing heavy course loads.
- Improved efficiency when it comes to completing advanced reading assignments.
- Sharpened time management skills for finishing homework and studying for tests with a large reading component, like the SAT and ACT.
- Better scores on everything from homework and tests to college entrance exams.
- Effective preparation for college workloads and expectations.
- Competitive hourly rates.
Get started today for only $95 for a limited time. The Sylvan Insight™ Assessment is designed to help determine your child's unique learning requirements so that our expert tutors can focus on strengthening those specific areas to achieve greater success. Contact us today and we can discuss your needs and how we can meet them.