It’s normal for your child to experience homework challenges at one point or another — and when those times come, the expert tutors at Sylvan in Durham can help your child tackle homework challenges head on. Whether your child could use some extra practice with a particular assignment, test prep help for an upcoming exam, or she or he just wants to get ahead, our tutors can cater to your child’s needs.
Tailored Learning That Makes a Big Difference
From reading and writing to advanced math topics, we’ll ensure your child has the focused guidance he or she needs to turn frustration into success.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
If your child typically keeps up in class but is struggling with certain homework assignments and grasping new concepts, our tutors can help! We can lower frustration, boost comprehension and teach your child how to apply new skills, leading to higher grades and better performance in class. With Academic Coaching, your child can:
- Feel fully supported with tailored sessions that meet his or her individual needs, so concepts really click and confidence builds. Plus, your child can get help in a wide variety of homework subjects. (You don't have to become the expert!)
- Improve comprehension and master skills thanks to a deeper level of learning and skill practice that really gets concepts to stick.
- Feel more confident and less stressed as he or she receives feedback and recognition from the tutor for every skill learned.
- …and affordable monthly packages keep things simple
Advanced Homework Help (Grades 9-12)
As workloads pile up in high school, it’s common for even the brightest of students to feel challenged at times. If your teen is struggling to keep up with the demands of a growing workload and increasingly complex topics, Advanced Homework Help can make a real difference. You’ll notice a marked improvement in comprehension, leading the way to less homework frustration and higher scores. This program includes:
- Greater confidence and better preparation thanks to expert help from our subject specialists.
- Tailored sessions that concentrate on your child's specific needs and academic goals.
- Support on various topics in math, history and other subjects, as well as AP classes.
- Affordable hourly rates.