Finding a reading tutor in the Wilmington region you can rely on can make a big difference when it comes to helping your child improve his or her reading skills, build confidence and getting real results inside and outside the classroom. If your child is starting to fall behind, needs extra practice or is just looking to get ahead, our tutors can provide the kind of guidance he or she needs to succeed.
Learning Designed to Get Results
Sylvan offers a range of different approaches to reading tutoring to make sure your child is getting the guidance he or she needs to improve. After pinpointing your child’s current reading level, we’ll suggest the ideal program for his or her unique needs.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child is struggling to keep up with reading level expectations and needs help to catch up and build confidence, this program can help. Our intensive reading tutoring is personalized to support your son or daughter in mastering skill-level expectations. Our Personalized Tutoring program can offer your child:
- Success in class and beyond. Class and homework time will be a breeze.
- More personalized support. We use the results of a reading assessment to determine the approach your child needs to improve fluency and comprehension.
- More confidence and guidance. Our expert reading tutors will constantly tweak your child’s personalized learning plan to keep it challenging—not frustrating!
- The skills to achieve success. With our school-aligned curriculum, your child will be learning things that apply directly to the classroom.
- Affordable rates. With our rates, you’ll feel confident you’re getting the best reading help for your family.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
For kids who are in need of a little extra guidance to conquer the reading component of homework assignments and tests, this program could be a big help. With Academic Coaching, your child will get:
- Proactive tutoring that will help improve reading comprehension skills so your child can tackle homework assignments and participate in class with confidence.
- Learning sessions that encourage skill practice and test prep with methods designed to target your child’s needs.
- A school-aligned curriculum that is designed to match up with what your child is learning in class.
- Interactive activities that encourage the understanding of different types of material through hands-on practice.
- Competitive prices with monthly packages that fit into your budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
If your child has set ambitious goals and needs some tips for managing a heavy workload, acing assignments with a large reading component or prepping for big tests, this program can be a huge help. Give your teen the tools he or she needs to conquer advanced coursework and college-level classes with Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course. With our program, you can look forward to:
- Added confidence for tackling heavy workloads.
- Well developed reading skills to finish advanced class assignments.
- The time management skills required to juggle homework and studying for tests like the SAT and ACT.
- Improved marks on assignments, quizzes and college entrance exams.
- Readiness to meet college workload expectations.
- Affordable hourly prices.
Ready to Get Started?
The Sylvan Insight™ Assessment is a wonderful way to both pinpoint your child's strengths and identify skill areas that need improvement. Give us a call or fill out or form to get in touch so we can discuss your requirements and how we can help.