It's never too early to develop strong study habits! Our Study Skills programs in the Raleigh-Durham region are focused on equipping kids with important skills they can use in the classroom and in life. That includes workload management skills to help cope with the challenging progression from elementary school to college and beyond.
Smart Study Strategies
Through a balanced mix of instruction and independent learning, we help make sure your child’s study habits become ingrained. These are fundamental habits that children can take with them long after they graduate!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Each child is different. This is why we never take a one-size-fits-all approach to learning, especially when certain behaviors and attitudes can have a big impact on every subject. Our Personalized Tutoring program caters to the unique learning needs of each child. The skills sets we work on include:
- Strategies for active reading: Strengthened comprehension skills can make a big difference across all subject areas.
- Boosted writing skills: We can help your child become a more effective communicator.
- Techniques for note-taking: Get equipped with smart strategies for ensuring more productive study time, including flash cards, color-coding and more.
- Better time management skills: When it comes to heavy workloads, it can be difficult knowing where to start. That’s why we’re here to help your child organize and prioritize for optimal results.
- Honing research skills: Focusing on a particular subject, we can explore the best ways to assess sources and put together bibliographies.
- Internet safety: We can help children understand how to use the internet in a safe and responsible way.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
We empower advanced students to master skills that will serve them well in school and beyond, from effective studying and goal-setting habits to writing and research skills. Our passionate tutors motivate students to work and study smarter so they can achieve their full potential. Our Advancement & Test Prep program helps your teen:
- Focus on the right topics: This is a modular program, which means you can decide which areas to pay particular attention to, ensuring we focus on your son or daughter’s specific needs.
- Develop lifelong skills: Our students get hands-on with applying their newly developed strategies in order to strengthen concepts and help turn smart habits into lifelong skills.
- Build up confidence: By fostering positive behaviors, we help boost your teen’s confidence and help him or her successfully prepare to achieve big goals.
- Preparation for tackling adult responsibilities: The skills your son or daughter builds at Sylvan aren’t just valuable in college. Your teen will also develop advanced strategies in goal setting, job interview prep, public speaking and more.