It's never too early to develop strong study habits! With our Study Skills programs in the Greenville, Spartanburg and Asheville region, your son or daughter has the opportunity to develop skills that will serve them well throughout their education. We can provide strategies and support for tackling increasing workloads and easing transitions from elementary school to high school or college. Whether your goal is to help keep your son or daughter from falling behind or provide that extra guidance to get ahead, our study tips and strategies are sure to make a positive impact.
Smart Study Strategies
We combine instruction and independent practice to ensure that good study habits become second nature. These are essential habits that children can take with them as they grow up and expectations increase.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
No two kids are the same. This is why a one-size-fits-all tutoring program just won’t cut it, especially when we’re talking about behaviors and outlooks that can affect performance in every subject. You can feel good knowing our Personalized Tutoring program zeros in on your child’s unique needs. You can expect your child to be equipped with a skill set that includes:
- Active reading strategies: Boosted reading skills means better comprehension in all subject areas.
- Honing the writing process: We can help students better express themselves through writing and become more skilled communicators.
- Note-taking techniques: Get the most out of study time with effective strategies like flash cards, color-coding and more.
- Time management: Challenging workloads can sometimes be overwhelming. We can help your child better organize and prioritize for more efficiency (and less stress!) come homework time.
- Research skills: By focusing on specific subjects, we explore the most effective ways to assess sources and put together bibliographies.
- Cyber safety: We can help kids learn how to find, assess and share digital information in a safe and responsible manner.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
From setting goals and reinforcing study habits to developing advanced research skills, we help teens strengthen key competencies that will serve them well into their adult years. Our tutors inspire ambitious students to study smarter, work harder and reach their full potential. Our Advancement & Test Prep program is great for helping your teen:
- Develop the appropriate competencies: This modular program lets you choose which topics to concentrate on, so we can be sure your teen’s specific needs are met.
- Build lifelong skills: Interactive learning means students have an abundance of opportunities to put their new competencies to work. This helps concepts truly stick and turns smart habits into lifelong skill sets.
- Improve confidence: By encouraging positive behaviors, we can help teens feel more confidence and prepared to tackle big expectations ahead.
- Get ready for greater responsibilities: The skills your teen learns at Sylvan don’t just come in handy in college. You son or daughter will also work on advanced goal setting techniques, job interview preparation and more.