It isn’t always simple to stay on top of academic responsibilities like homework and essays while juggling extracurricular activities, college preparation and a social life at the same time. Help ensure your teen or pre-teen is prepared to handle his or her increasingly hectic schedule with Sylvan’s study skills program in the Charlotte region. We have carefully designed our study skills program for students in grades 4-12, concentrating on “higher order” thinking skills including academic planning, strategic planning and expectation management These skills will not only help set your child on the path to success in high school and college, but they can also carry forward into his or her personal and professional life. Contact us today to discover how our knowledgeable tutors in the Charlotte region can help your child realize his or goals and take on increasing workloads with confidence.
A Practical Approach for Tangible Results
You might be accustomed to assisting your child with a math question or an art project, but equipping him or her with effective study skills and strategies can be a challenge. Using an encompassing array of study strategies and techniques, our talented tutors in the Charlotte region zero in on practical skills that can be put to use immediately in school and beyond: time management and organization, academic and strategic planning, and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Building Skills, Boosting Confidence
There’s much more to achieving academic success than receiving a good grade on an assignment or an exam. This is why our study skills tutors in the Charlotte region take a look at the larger picture. We have specially designed our program to make certain your son or daughter is well prepared for the mounting course loads and expectations to come. This includes diving into proven goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied in a variety of situations.
Through our study skills program, your child will learn effective strategies including:
- Time management for tackling workloads in an efficient manner.
- Academic and strategic planning for setting short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organizational habits for setting up a personal study area, organizing schoolwork, setting personal expectations and using an academic planner.
- Expectation management for pinpointing teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Preparation for college, including navigating admissions and essay requirements.
- Writing an impactful resume and cover letter, and interviewing for a job.