As your child advances through each grade, the difficulty and frequency of assignments is going to increase — but learning how to conquer new challenges with ease is possible. Sylvan's study skills program in New York is designed to help students improve their time management, learn how to prepare for tests and successfully prepare for challenges to come. It’s the ideal way to foster positive habits for managing even the most extensive “to do” list.
A Tailored, Personal Approach
No two students are exactly the same when it comes to learning those all important “higher order” thinking skills. Developing strategies for more effective exam preparation, assignment planning and active listening in the classroom are all essential to long-term success. That's why we assess each student's needs to help ensure every session is both relevant and personalized, emphasizing the most effective ways to study, achieve better grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Make a Difference
Wondering what you can look forward to once you've registered your child for our study skills program in New York? Our tutoring experts will teach practical study and organizational skills that can be used in school and throughout life. That includes revealing methods to take the intimidation factor out of assignments, projects and tests. We also help students nurture positive habits, recognizing every skill mastered and every milestone reached.
Our study skills program has it all:
- Tips for developing better time management and planning habits.
- Test day strategies for managing stress and improving results.
- Efficient note-taking techniques that will make studying and preparing for tests easier.
- Active reading and listening strategies that will increase comprehension and improve presentation skills.
- Learn research best practices, how to choose the right sources and how to write an accurate bibliography.
- Practice and improve written communication skills.
- Help navigating the ins and out of the college admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Beneficial scheduling options that will help you manage your family’s time effectively.