As your child progresses through his or her school career, you can expect the workloads to get bigger and the assignments to get tougher — but there is a way to successfully prepare for these challenges. With Sylvan’s study skills programs in Huntington, your child will spend time learning effective time management and exam prep strategies that will put them on the right track towards successful college applications. It's a great way to make sure that growing "to do" list doesn't have any negative effects. Our study skills program not only helps improve academic performance — it also builds valuable organizational skills that extend into the real world. That’s how our experts prepare students in Huntington for success an all facets of their lives.
A Tailored, Personal Approach
Not all students learn those essential “higher order” thinking skills the same way. Anything from help with exam preparation, assignment planning and research techniques to developing advanced active listening skills for maximizing in-class learning could be required. That's why we take each student's unique needs into consideration, tailoring our sessions to focus on proven ways to study more effectively and boost grades.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Can Help Make a Difference
So what happens next once you've registered your son or daughter for our study skills program in Huntington? Our tutors will be there to encourage positive study and concentration skills that will last a lifetime. They will also provide useful tips for improving test preparation as well as assignment and project planning. We also focus on fostering a positive attitude towards education by making sure to acknowledge every student’s accomplishments on a regular basis.
Our study skills program at a glance:
- Strategic and academic planning: How to set goals and track projects in the short-term and long-term.
- Time management: How to use your time more effectively and manage workloads.
- Better organization: How to create a better personal study space and organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: How to make use of an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management: How to identify teacher expectations, understand priorities and start using active listening techniques in class.
- Higher education and career preparation: How to successfully navigate the college admissions process, write a compelling cover letter and prepare for a job interview.