The older your child gets, the more difficult and demanding school assignments are going to become — but that just means he or she will have to develop the skills to conquer every new challenge that comes along. With our study skills program in Bronxville, you can help your son or daughter develop better time management skills, learn more effective test preparation methods and lay the groundwork for conquering the challenges that lie ahead. It's a great way to make sure that growing "to do" list doesn't have any negative effects.
Tailored to be More Personal
Not all adolescents have the same needs when it comes to developing those all-important "higher order" thinking skills. Developing strategies for more effective exam preparation, assignment planning and active listening in the classroom are all essential to long-term success. At Sylvan, we’ll spend time understanding each student’s personal needs and learning style in order to make sure they get the most out of every session, building confidence and better study skills along the way.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Can Help Make a Difference
Wondering what to expect when you register your son or daughter in one of our study skills programs in Bronxville? You'll learn that our tutors are skilled at teaching effective habits that your child will be able to rely on in the classroom and beyond. That includes advice on how to make test preparation and project planning more manageable. Our number one focus is nurturing a positive attitude and sustainable habits, making sure to take the time to recognize every student’s progress.
Our program at a glance:
- Strategic and academic planning: How to set goals and track projects in the short-term and long-term.
- Time management: How to use your time more effectively and manage workloads.
- Better organization: How to create a better personal study space and organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: How to make use of an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management: How to identify teacher expectations, understand priorities and start using active listening techniques in class.
- Higher education and career preparation: How to successfully navigate the college admissions process, write a compelling cover letter and prepare for a job interview.