Want your child to get a head start on important study habits? With our Study Skills program in Albany you can help your son or daughter learn how to take on every academic challenge with ease, from elementary school to college and beyond. If you’ve noticed your child is falling behind or he or she could use some guidance to get ahead, our tutors are available to provide study tips that will ensure progress.
Better Strategies for Studying Smart
The changing demands kids and teens face at school call for a foundation of strong study skills. We ensure that good habits become second nature by combining personal instruction with independent practice—and plentiful opportunities to put developing skills to the test!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Seeing as every child has specialized needs, instilling helpful habits that emphasize positive behaviors and attitudes towards study habits won’t necessary be one size fits all. Luckily, our Personalized Tutoring programs take that into consideration. The following skill sets will be covered:
- Effective note taking: Aids like color coding and flash cards can help make studying more effective.
- Research best practices: From evaluating sources to writing a proper bibliography.
- Time management: Organizing and prioritizing are the keys to efficient study habits.
- Mastering the writing process: With practice, your child will learn how to become a stronger writer.
- Active reading: Better comprehension skills will improve your child's scores across all subjects.
- Online safety: How to choose reliable sources and share digital information responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Our expert tutors can help your teen gain academic skills that are useful well into adulthood, including goal setting, time management, study habits, research techniques and more. Our tutors have the ability to inspire your teen to work hard to not only meet, but exceed, expectations. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Feel more confident: We teach positive behaviors and attitudes — not just academic skills — to help teens approach new challenges with unshakeable confidence.
- Build the right skills: Choose which areas need attention — such as time management or presentation skills — to ensure we're making the biggest possible difference for your young learner.
- Make immediate gains: Your teen will have lots of opportunities to apply his or her new skills to real-world assignments and tests.
- Acquire life-long assets: High school is the immediate priority, of course, but you want to see your teen succeed through college and beyond, too. We're also here to provide important career preparation, including job interview techniques and even public speaking!