When homework poses a big challenge for your child (and it's bound to happen from time to time!), all you have to do is turn to Sylvan for homework help in Astoria. Whatever your child’s particular needs may be — from needing extra practice with a concept or assignment to getting ahead — our tutors can help.
Make Homework Stress a Thing of the Past
Whether your child needs extra guidance in reading, writing or math, our talented tutors will ensure your child is making progress every step of the way.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
If your son or daughter generally keeps up in school but is having a hard time with a specific homework assignment or a certain concept, our tutors are here to help! We can help lower stress and frustration by boosting your child’s comprehension and teaching him or her how to apply new skills, resulting in better grades and performance in the classroom. Through Academic Coaching, your child will:
- Feel completely supported with personal sessions that focus on his or her unique strengths and needs, so concepts truly click and confidence soars. We offer homework help in a range of different subject areas. (No need for you to become the expert!)
- Boost comprehension and conquer skills through deep learning and effective skill practices.
- Improve confidence and lower frustration, which is reinforced through frequent feedback and regular recognition from the tutor for every skill your child masters.
- Get effective homework help at an affordable rate, with competitively priced monthly packages to keep things simple.
Advanced Homework Help (Grades 9-12)
Even the brightest kids sometimes struggle with the homework load in high school. If your teen could use a little extra help tackling advanced subjects or juggling a high-volume workload, Advanced Homework Help from Sylvan could be exactly what he or she needs. You’ll begin to notice a boost in comprehension, which can result in fewer frustrations and better grades. Here's exactly what our program offers:
- Personal learning that supports your teen's unique strengths and needs so concepts really stick!
- Feeling better prepared and more confident (and less stressed!), as a result of motivating and engaging support from our expert tutors.
- Focused support on an array of subjects, from history and advanced math to AP classes.
- Competitive hourly rates for learning made affordable.