Attempting to juggle everything from school projects and essays to extracurricular sports and activities — not to mention maintaining a social life — is not an easy task. However, with Sylvan’s study skills program in the Rochester region, you can provide the guidance and preparation your teen or pre-teen needs to successfully prepare for this exciting yet turbulent time in his or her life. Tailored to students in grades 4-12, our study skills program aims to equip your child with important "higher order" thinking skills and strategies like academic planning, time management and resume preparation. After all, students with effective study skills are equipped to succeed not only in school and college but throughout the rest of their lives. Get to know how our expert tutors in the Rochester region can help your son or daughter accomplish goals and take on any workload confidently.
A Comprehensive Education
While you may have experience helping your child with a spelling question or math problem, teaching him or her effective study skills and strategies is not always as straightforward. Using a combination of study strategies, tactics and tips, our tutoring experts in the Rochester region pay special attention to concrete skills that can be used in the classroom and beyond: how to organize schoolwork, efficiently manage time, set short-term and long-term goals, and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Here's What You Can Expect
Achieving academic success is one thing, but there's more to succeeding at school than exams and assignments alone. That’s why our study skills experts in the Rochester region ensure the bigger picture is accounted for. Our program aims to ensure your child is ready for the increasing workloads and expectations to come in college. This involves teaching strategies for setting goals and equipping students with study tips that can be used over and over again.
Our study skills program features such strategies and tactics as:
- Time management to efficiently manage time and workloads.
- Strategic planning and academic planning to set both short-term and long-term goals and projects.
- How to effectively organize schoolwork and a personal study area, set personal expectations and use an academic planner.
- Identifying teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Navigating college admissions requirements, including the college admission essay.
- How to interview for a job and write an effective resume and cover letter.