Are you on the lookout for a math tutor in the Rochester region to help turn a tricky subject into more smiles and better grades? Do you think a more engaging and interactive learning experience could help your child unlock his or her potential in the classroom and beyond? Look no further than Sylvan for a selection of three math programs — personal math tutoring, Math Edge and math homework help — designed to help students get to grips with math concepts and acquire the learning tools needed for lasting success. Our programs adhere to college and career readiness standards, which means they're designed to have a lasting positive impact. Take the frustration out of math: learn how our math tutors in the Rochester region can help your child resolve knowledge gaps and start to enjoy learning again.
Enjoy Measurable Improvements
We know how to make math less stressful and more engaging, which helps kids do better in school and develop a range of skills they can put to good use in other areas. In fact, when you connect with any of Sylvan's locations in the Rochester region, you'll find that our math tutoring programs can grow scores by up to three times in comparison to students who do not attend Sylvan.▼
We Can Help in All Areas of Math, Including:
- Addition and Subtraction
- Multiplication and Division
- Algebra 1 & Algebra 2
- Probability and Statistics
Sylvan's Three Math Programs Are:
Personal Tutoring (Grades 1-12)
- A truly interactive learning environment. We use iPads® as teaching tools, making learning more relevant and interesting. It also allows us to tailor math lessons to your child's particular strengths.
- Our approach to learning is proven to work. Sylvan Insight™ ensures personalized, step-by-step tutoring.
- Instant feedback. Immediate feedback is essential to keep students motivated and engaged.
Skill Practice Programs (Grades 1-6)
- Brain-boosting exercises. Useful problem-solving skills are at the core of our activities, helping your child think about math differently.
- An emphasis on fun. Our format consists of fun, engaging activities that boost math speed and proficiency. There's also a motivational rewards system and the positive team spirit that comes with working in a small group.
- Challenging young minds to achieve even more. Our math curriculum adheres to national college and career readiness standards — and features a five-step process to help your child meet his or her full potential.
Homework Help (Grades 1-12)
- Just-as-needed help. Is a homework assignment proving impossible? Is there a big test to prepare for? Count on our math tutors to help.
- A solution to math-based frustrations. With Sylvan, you don't always have to be the expert: our tutors are ready to put an end to your child's frustration with math and make learning a lot more enjoyable.
- Flexible schedules. Our homework help is available on evenings and weekends for your convenience.
Save with Our Limited-Time Special!
Sylvan is dedicated to helping students boost their grades, test scores and, most importantly, their confidence. And it's never too late to start preparing for the new school year. It starts with a detailed Academic Checkup, which will highlight areas for improvement by measuring your child's academic skills in comparison to national norms — and is available for just $95*.