Comparing math tutors in the Albany, Schenactedy and Troy region? Then look no more. Whether your child is starting to fall behind, would benefit from some extra practice or simply has the desire to get ahead in topics like algebra, geometry and advanced math, we know how to ensure your son or daughter succeeds. Whatever your young learner needs, we're here to provide the personalized attention that leads to real results.
Tailored Tutoring for Each Student
Sylvan has math programs ranging from support and practice to enrichment, so you’ll have the option to select the one that targets your son or daugther’s needs. We’re here to guide and support your child’s journey towards success in math, algebra, geometry and beyond.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your son or daughter is struggling to get to grips with foundational math concepts, our intensive tutoring could be the first step towards better scores and improved confidence. We aim to make math concepts accessible so your child can achieve more success in the classroom — and in life. Here’s what you’ll get from our Personalized Tutoring program:
- A tailored approach: Using our proven Sylvan Method™, we design our teaching approach to meet your child’s unique needs so he or she is able to grasp concepts effectively.
- Expert support and guidance: Thanks to our Sylvan-certified tutors, your child will have support every step of the way. We tweak your child’s learning plan as we go to make sure math is engaging, not frustrating.
- Incredible results: Our tutoring students often achieve anywhere from two to three times more growth in their math scores compared to their peers. We guarantee your child will see progress too!
- Local, school-aligned curriculum: Our math curriculum matches up with most school standards. Plus, our tutors are well-versed in modern teaching methods, so you don’t have to be!
- Competitive rates: Our hourly rates are comparable to private tutors and other tutoring companies, so securing the most effective math help for your family is budget-friendly.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
If your son or daughter could use some help with homework, extra practice or an added challenge, Academic Coaching is the way to go! Our experienced tutors can provide guidance for completing homework, studying for tests and keeping up with harder workloads. Here’s what you can expect with our new monthly subscription program:
- Proactive support to strengthen critical skills, address any homework concerns, prepare for upcoming tests and boost confidence in the classroom.
- Tailored sessions that target any skill gaps we identify.
- School-aligned curriculum for maximum relevance in class.
- Interactive activities that promote genuine skill mastery.
- Expert tutors who stay up-to-date with the very latest teaching techniques (so you don’t have to!)
- Convenient scheduling including afternoons, evenings and weekends.
- Affordable monthly packages that keep tutoring within your budget.
Advanced Math and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
If your child is on the fast track, our advanced math and test prep programs can help him or her build the confidence to learn tough math concepts and tackle harder homework assignments. You’ll have a great time watching your elementary, middle school or high school math whiz accomplish goals and take on new challenges. You can expect your child to:
- Master advanced math skills such as computation, process, reasoning and problem solving, all of which are essential for future success in math and other academic areas.
- Get deeper math experience with hands-on exercises and interactive challenges that are designed to reinforce import concepts.
- Feel more confident in the classroom as they apply their new-found skills to schoolwork.
- Boost confidence — and grades! Our advanced programs cover everything your child needs to achieve even greater success in this challenging subject.
- …and it's all included in our competitive hourly rates.
Act Now and Save
Get started today for only $95 for a limited time. The Sylvan Insight™ Assessment is a great way to pinpoint strengths and tailor lessons to target skill gaps. Fill out our form or give us a call today and we'll get in touch to discuss your needs and who we can help.