Help ensure your son or daughter is prepared for the growing workloads of school and the upcoming challenges of college with Sylvan’s study skills program in New Mexico. Our program, which is tailored for kids and teens in grades 4-12, focuses on the kind of life management, critical thinking and problem solving skills needed to manage schoolwork and organize busy schedules more effectively. You'll see a noticeable confidence boost as your child gets to grips with life-long tools and techniques that can be used at school at beyond! Contact your local Sylvan in New Mexico now to find out how we can equip your child for success.
A Successful Future Starts Now
As homework, extracurricular activities and social engagements start to pile up, it's easy to see how busy it is to be a modern student. With college applications to consider as well, it can be a real challenge to stay on top of things. This is where our study skills program — and our tutoring experts — can have a positive effect, helping students take on any project more effectively with practical strategies for planning, managing and prioritizing their schedules and workloads.▼
The Skills to Achieve More in School and Beyond
Success begins with a strong foundation. That’s why our study skills program in New Mexico is designed to equip teens with vital skills and strategies that they can not only put to use right away in any grade, but that they can also carry with them into college and even into future careers. We always take the bigger picture into consideration, so our goal is to instill lifelong knowledge for personal and academic success. We’re here to enhance your child’s skillset so he or she can meet any challenge with confidence.
Here's What Your Teen Will Learn:
- Scheduling and workload management techniques.
- Strategies for achieving goals in both the short term and long term.
- Tips for project planning and tracking.
- Organizational methods for completing homework assignments and establishing an efficient personal study area.
- Performance management skills, such as using an academic calendar and tracking grades.
- Tactics for better communication, including active listening.
- How to ace the all-important college admission essay.
- Job interview preparation, including how to write an effective resume and cover letter.