Make sure your son or daughter is ready for growing school workloads and the future challenges of college with Sylvan’s study skills program in New Mexico. Our program, which is tailored for kids and teens in grades 4-12, focuses on the kind of life management, critical thinking and problem solving skills needed to manage schoolwork and organize busy schedules more effectively. As your child learns tools and techniques that can be used in and beyond school, you'll see his or her confidence grow! Contact your local Sylvan in New Mexico now to find out how we can equip your child for success.
Prepare for a Bright Future Ahead
As homework, extracurricular activities and social engagements start to pile up, it's easy to see how busy it is to be a modern student. With college applications to consider as well, it can be a real challenge to stay on top of things. This is where our study skills program — and our tutoring experts — can have a positive effect, helping students take on any project more effectively with practical strategies for planning, managing and prioritizing their schedules and workloads.▼
Life-Long Skills to Succeed, Starting in Grade 4
Success starts with a solid foundation. So our study skills program in New Mexico is all about the kind of transferable skills and strategies that can be applied immediately in the classroom — as well as in college and professional settings later on. At Sylvan, we see the bigger picture, which is why we’re dedicated to instilling life-long knowledge that can help your son or daughter thrive personally and academically, both inside and outside the classroom. Help your child take on any challenge with confidence: find out how we can enhance his or her skillset.
Your Child Will Learn:
- How to manage time and workloads more effectively.
- Proven strategies for short-term and long-term target setting.
- Techniques for planning and managing large projects.
- Organizational methods for efficient homework routines and how to set up a personal study area.
- Performance management and planning skills, from tracking grades to using an academic calendar.
- How to communicate more effectively, including tactics like active listening.
- How to put together a winning college application.
- Job interview preparation tactics, including expert tips for writing a compelling cover letter.