As school workloads grow and the challenges of college get closer, you can help ensure your son or daughter is prepared with Sylvan’s study skills program in New Mexico. Through our program, kids in grades 4-12 develop useful life management, problem solving and critical thinking skills to help them better organize their busy schedules and stay on top of schoolwork assignments. You'll see a noticeable difference in your son or daughter's confidence as he or she gains tools and techniques that can be used in school and beyond! So don't delay: contact your local Sylvan in New Mexico now to make sure your child is equipped for success.
Laying the Groundwork for Future Success
As homework, extracurricular activities and social engagements start to pile up, it's easy to see how busy it is to be a modern student. With college applications to consider as well, it can be a real challenge to stay on top of things. This is where our study skills program — and our tutoring experts — can have a positive effect, helping students take on any project more effectively with practical strategies for planning, managing and prioritizing their schedules and workloads.▼
The Tools to Succeed from Grade 4 to High School Graduation and Beyond
Success begins with a strong foundation. For that reason, Sylvan's study skills program in New Mexico is designed to equip teens with transferable skills and strategies that can be used in the classroom and, after that, at college and in career settings. We always take the bigger picture into consideration, so our goal is to instill lifelong knowledge for personal and academic success. Learn how we can help your child push his or her skillset (and confidence!) to the next level.
Your Teen Will Learn:
- Scheduling and workload management techniques.
- Strategies for achieving goals in both the short term and long term.
- Tips for project planning and tracking.
- Organizational methods for completing homework assignments and establishing an efficient personal study area.
- Performance management skills, such as using an academic calendar and tracking grades.
- Tactics for better communication, including active listening.
- How to ace the all-important college admission essay.
- Job interview preparation, including how to write an effective resume and cover letter.