Trying to balance everything from schoolwork, essays and projects to college prep, extracurricular events and social activities is no easy task! Help ensure your teen or pre-teen is prepared to handle his or her increasingly hectic schedule with Sylvan’s study skills program in the Albuquerque and Santa Fe region. Tailored to students in grades 4-12, our study skills program aims to equip your child with important "higher order" thinking skills and strategies like academic planning, time management and resume preparation. After all, equipping your child with effective study skills can translate into greater success in the classroom, in college and in future careers. Get in touch with us today to learn more about how our tutoring experts in the Albuquerque and Santa Fe region can help your child fulfill goals and tackle any workload.
Practical Learning for Real Results
While you may help your child figure out a math problem or proofread an English essay from time to time, teaching him or her successful study habits and strategies is not always so simple. Our tutors in the Albuquerque and Santa Fe region use a wide range of study tactics, tips and techniques to teach practical skills that can be used both inside and outside the classroom: time management, organization, academic planning and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
What to Expect
Achieving academic success is one thing, but there's more to succeeding at school than exams and assignments alone. That’s why our study skills experts in the Albuquerque and Santa Fe region ensure the bigger picture is accounted for. Our program has been developed to focus on successfully preparing your son or daughter for the heavier workloads and expectations ahead. This means teaching invaluable goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied over and over again.
Our study skills program will teach your child effective studying strategies including:
- Time management for tackling workloads in an efficient manner.
- Academic and strategic planning for setting short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organizational habits for setting up a personal study area, organizing schoolwork, setting personal expectations and using an academic planner.
- Expectation management for pinpointing teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Preparation for college, including navigating admissions and essay requirements.
- Writing an impactful resume and cover letter, and interviewing for a job.