The older your child gets, the more difficult and demanding school assignments are going to become — but that just means he or she will have to develop the skills to conquer every new challenge that comes along. With Sylvan's study skills programs in Nutley, you can help your child manage his or her time better, prepare for exams more effectively and lay the groundwork for a successful college application. It's a great way to find out how to get the better of any "to do" list. But our study skills program doesn’t just encourage academic success — it also improves organizational habits that students will put to good use outside of the classroom. Our study skills experts are dedicated to preparing your child for success in school and beyond.
Relevant and Personalized
No two adolescents have identical learning styles — and that includes how they develop those essential “higher order” thinking skills. In fact, maximizing academic performance could take a variety of different techniques, such as active listening, assignment planning and exam preparation. That's why we personalize our sessions to make sure each student has the support and guidance to study more effectively, boost grades and gain more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors That Teach the Right Habits
So what happens once your son or daughter is registered for our study skills program in Nutley? Our experienced tutors will be there to help your child develop study skills that will last a lifetime. That includes revealing methods to take the intimidation factor out of assignments, projects and tests. We also reinforce positive habits and attitudes, recognizing students for every skill they learn and milestone they reach.
Our study skills program offers:
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety. How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the college admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.