With increasing school workloads and college challenges on the horizon, now is the time to help your son or daughter prepare with Sylvan’s study skills program in New Jersey. Our program focuses on problem solving, critical thinking and life management skills that kids in grades 4-12 can use to organize their schoolwork and manage their busy schedules more effectively. There's no doubt about it: your child's confidence will soar as he or she learns lifelong tools and techniques that can be applied in the classroom and beyond! Contact your local Sylvan in New Jersey now to find out how we can equip your child for success.
Laying the Groundwork for Future Success
Whether it's extracurricular classes, homework assignments, a part-time job or the demands of a full social life, there’s no doubting that students often have a lot on their plate. And when college applications eventually come about, it can be an even greater challenge to stay on top of everything. That's where our tutoring experts step in, offering a study skills program that focuses on effective planning, managing and prioritizing skills — helping students take on any project and achieve the right results.▼
From Grade 4 to High School Graduation and Beyond
Greater achievements need a solid foundation. That’s why our study skills program in New Jersey emphasizes skills and strategies that students can use at school right away — and, eventually, continue using them to succeed at college and in professional settings. We always take the bigger picture into consideration, so our goal is to instill lifelong knowledge for personal and academic success. Find out how we can strengthen your child’s skillset so he or she can handle any challenge.
Here's What Your Child Will Learn:
- How to better manage time and workloads.
- Strategies to set achievable short-term and long-term goals.
- Techniques to plan and track projects.
- Organizational methods for setting up an effective personal study area and tackling homework.
- How to track grades and design an academic calendar.
- Communications skills, including active listening.
- How to apply to college and prepare for job interviews, including resume and cover letter writing tips.