Are you looking for a math tutor in New Jersey who can transform a potentially tricky subject into smiles, high-fives and greater confidence? Do you think a more engaging and interactive learning experience could help your child unlock his or her potential in the classroom and beyond? Look no further than Sylvan for a selection of three math programs — personal math tutoring, Math Edge and math homework help — designed to help students get to grips with math concepts and acquire the learning tools needed for lasting success. Our programs align with college and career readiness standards so you know they will have a lasting impact. Find out how your local Sylvan math tutor in New Jersey can make math a less frustrating subject and help your child enjoy learning again.
Engaging Learning, Measurable Results
We work hard to make math more enjoyable and engaging because we know it helps kids achieve more in school. In fact, you can take confidence from the fact that our math tutoring programs can grow scores by up to three times compared to students who are not Sylvan attendees.
Choose the Right Math Program for Your Child
Personal Tutoring (Grades 1-12)
- An engaging, interactive learning experience. Our tutors use the iPad® as a teaching tool, helping to make learning more interesting and enjoyable. It also means we can adapt math lessons to your child's particular abilities.
- A proven learning approach. Our trademark, step-by-step approach — Sylvan Insight™ — personalizes learning to your child.
- Instant feedback. On-the-spot feedback helps students stay engaged and motivated.
Skill Practice Programs (Grades 1-6)
- Brain-boosting activities. We focus on practical problem-solving to help your child understand math in a new way and gain a stronger grasp of important concepts.
- A fun format. Improve speed and proficiency with an assortment of fun activities, a great rewards system and the encouraging team spirit that comes with a small group.
- Challenging content. Our curriculum emphasizes college and career readiness standards and employs an effective five-step process to help your child master math.
Homework Help (Grades 1-12)
- Just-as-needed tutoring help. Tough homework assignment? Test to prepare for? Our math tutors are ready to help.
- Relief from frustration. You don’t have to be the expert at all things math. Our tutors are here to turn your child’s frustration into high fives and make learning a lot more rewarding.
- Highly flexible scheduling. We offer homework help at convenient times, including evenings and weekends.
Ready to Get Started?
For a limited time get started for only $95! The Sylvan Insight™ Assessment is a great way to highlight your child's individual strengths and needs. Just get in touch by filling out our form or giving us a call and we'll discuss how we can help.