Building smart study habits can be key to a brighter future! Our Study Skills programs in the Philadelphia region are designed to equip your child with valuable skills they can put to good use in school and beyond. This includes time management skills, strategies for taking on heavier workloads, research tips and more. Whether your mission is to help keep your child from falling behind or equip them with added guidance to get ahead, our effective study strategies and techniques could make all the difference.
Combining both instruction and independent learning, we help ensure smart study skills become deep-rooted habits. After all, kids and teens face growing demands and expectations that don't stop at school — they're still there after graduation!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
No two kids are the same. This is why a one-size-fits-all tutoring program just won’t cut it, especially when we’re talking about behaviors and outlooks that can affect performance in every subject. Rest assured our Personalized Tutoring program caters to your son or daughter’s particular needs. Here are just some of the skill sets we focus on:
- Active reading strategies: Better comprehension skills are invaluable across the full range of school subjects.
- Mastering the writing process: Comprehension is one thing; expression is another. We help students become more capable and engaging communicators.
- Effective note-taking strategies: Make study time far more efficient and effective with flash cards, color coding and other practical techniques.
- Time management: Sometimes it's hard to know where to start. But your child will learn how to organize and prioritize even the most challenging workload.
- Research skills: We focus on specific subjects in turn, and explore the best ways to evaluate sources and write bibliographies.
- Online safety: We help young learners navigate the internet safely, including how to locate, assess and share digital informational in a responsible way.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
From study habits to goal setting, digital literacy and advanced research skills, we empower teens to develop talents that are applicable well into adulthood. Our tutors inspire ambitious students to study smarter, work harder and reach their full potential. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Develop the appropriate competencies: This modular program lets you choose which topics to concentrate on, so we can be sure your teen’s specific needs are met.
- Build lifelong skills: Interactive learning means students have an abundance of opportunities to put their new competencies to work. This helps concepts truly stick and turns smart habits into lifelong skill sets.
- Improve confidence: By encouraging positive behaviors, we can help teens feel more confidence and prepared to tackle big expectations ahead.
- Get ready for greater responsibilities: The skills your teen learns at Sylvan don’t just come in handy in college. You son or daughter will also work on advanced goal setting techniques, job interview preparation and more.