Workloads grow and assignments get tougher as your child progresses through school, but there is a way to successfully take on these challenges. Register your child for Sylvan’s study skills programs in Salem, and he or she will learn better time management and exam prep strategies and start laying the groundwork for future college applications. It's a great way to make sure that growing "to do" list doesn't have any negative effects. Our study skills program focuses on more than academic best practices — it also builds positive organizational habits that last a lifetime. Our study skills experts are dedicated to preparing your child for success in school and beyond.
Tailored to Fit Individual Needs
Not all adolescents have the same needs when it comes to developing those all-important "higher order" thinking skills. We offer everything from assistance with exam preparation and assignment planning to research strategies and techniques for developing better active listening skills. That's why we personalize our sessions to make sure each student has the support and guidance to study more effectively, boost grades and gain more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors You Can Count On
So what happens once your son or daughter is registered for our study skills program in Salem? You'll learn that our tutors are skilled at teaching effective habits that your child will be able to rely on in the classroom and beyond. That includes sharing study tips that will make assignments, projects and tests much more manageable. Our number one focus is nurturing a positive attitude and sustainable habits, making sure to take the time to recognize every student’s progress.
Our study skills program at a glance:
- Guidance towards effective planning and time management strategies.
- Tips for more efficient note-taking like using flash cards.
- Reading comprehension techniques that will improve ability to understand and retain information.
- Research best practices for finding quality online sources and sharing digital information as responsibly as possible.
- Advice for improving written communication skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies cover different types of questions and help manage nerves.
- Guidance through the college admissions process and tips for preparing for job interviews.
- Handy scheduling options that will make it easier to fit in all your priorities.