A reading tutor in Portsmouth could be exactly what your child needs to boost his or her reading skills, confidence and results in the classroom! No matter if your son or daughter is falling behind, needs extra practice or wants to get ahead, our certified tutors know how to provide the focused guidance and support he or she needs to thrive.
Learning Tailored to Get Results
At Sylvan, we take a number of approaches to reading tutoring, which means we can match your child with the approach that best meets his or her needs. We'll evaluate your child’s current level and recommend the right path for the most effective learning experience — and the most improved scores.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
This program is a great fit if your child is struggling with reading scores and needs help getting skills up to grade level. Here’s what sets our Personalized Tutoring apart:
- In-depth assessments. We know how to pinpoint exactly what your child needs to boost his or her reading fluency and comprehension.
- A truly personalized experience. Our certified reading tutors create a personalized learning plan, and then continually adjust and update the plan to make sure reading is a challenge rather than a source of stress.
- Affordable rates. Our competitive hourly rates compare with those at other tutoring companies and private tutors.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
If your child could use a little extra practice with reading-related homework and tests in order to stay on track in class, this is the program for you. With Academic Coaching, you get:
- Proactive support to strengthen reading comprehension skills and get ahead of the curve at school.
- Practical lessons that include skill practice, test prep techniques and homework help, all of which are personalized to fit your child's particular needs and goals.
- A school-aligned curriculum to maximize relevance (and impact!) in class performance.
- Competitively priced monthly packages to help you get the best reading tutoring while balancing your budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (K-12)
If your child is either on the fast track or needs some extra guidance to manage bigger workloads, you can give your teen the support he or she needs to adapt to accelerated coursework and excel at college-level classes with our Advanced Reading Skills course. This program offers:
- Higher confidence (and lower stress) when tackling large workloads.
- Time management skills to help manage homework tasks and get ready for tests with a lot of reading, such as the SAT and ACT.
- Even better scores on classwork and college entrance exams, as well as ideal preparation for challenging college workloads and elevated expectations.
- Budget-friendly hourly rates.
Sign Up Now to Enjoy Our Special Offer!
There's still plenty of time to prepare for success in the new school year. When you book an Academic Checkup at your local Sylvan, we will compare your child's academic skills to nationwide norms — and use our findings to pinpoint areas for improvement. Start today for only $95*!