With Sylvan’s study skills program in Nevada, you can help your son or daughter prepare for increasing school workloads and the future challenges that come with college life. Our program, which is specifically designed for students in grades 4-12, teaches valuable problem solving, critical thinking and life management skills that help kids more effectively manage their time and organize their schoolwork. You'll see a noticeable difference in your son or daughter's confidence as he or she gains tools and techniques that can be used in school and beyond! It's time to equip your child for success: get started today by contacting your local Sylvan in Nevada.
Prepare for a Bright Future Ahead
Whether it's extracurricular classes, homework assignments, a part-time job or the demands of a full social life, there’s no doubting that students often have a lot on their plate. And when college applications eventually come about, it can be an even greater challenge to stay on top of everything. That's where our tutoring experts step in, offering a study skills program that focuses on effective planning, managing and prioritizing skills — helping students take on any project and achieve the right results.▼
From Grade 4 to High School Graduation and Beyond
Strong foundations are vital for long-term success. That’s why we've tailored our study skills program in Nevada to equip teens with skills and strategies that are not only applicable at school right away, but can also be used at college and, eventually, in a career setting. We always take the bigger picture into consideration, so our goal is to instill lifelong knowledge for personal and academic success. We’re ready to build your child’s skillset so he or she can take on any challenge with confidence.
Here's What Your Child Will Learn:
- Scheduling and workload management techniques.
- Strategies for achieving goals in both the short term and long term.
- Tips for project planning and tracking.
- Organizational methods for completing homework assignments and establishing an efficient personal study area.
- Performance management skills, such as using an academic calendar and tracking grades.
- Tactics for better communication, including active listening.
- How to ace the all-important college admission essay.
- Job interview preparation, including how to write an effective resume and cover letter.