Want to your to have strong study habits at his or her disposal from a young age? Our Study Skills programs in Bellevue empower students to handle the demands of increasing academic workloads from elementary school to college and beyond. Whether your child has started to fall behind in class or has the ambition to get ahead, our study tips and techniques are proven to make a big difference.
Tips for Studying Smart
At Sylvan, instruction is supplemented with lots of opportunity for hands-on practice to test out new skills and ensure good study habits are being formed!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
When every child has specific needs, instilling positive attitudes and study habits can’t be a matter of one size fits all. That's why our Personalized Tutoring program takes a comprehensive approach. It covers a diverse array of academic areas, including:
- Time management: Focusing on organizing and prioritizing, we can take the stress out of any academic workload.
- Active reading strategies: See the benefits in all subject areas when your child develops better comprehension skills.
- Effective note taking strategies: Get more from study time with the smart use of flash cards, color coding and other techniques.
- Research skills: Evaluating sources in specific subjects and learning how to craft a bibliography.
- Mastering the writing process: We explore how to strengthen writing skills and communicate more effectively.
- Online safety: We can't overstate the importance of staying safe online! These sessions focus on locating, evaluating and sharing digital informational responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
From study habits, goal setting and time management to strong communication, digital literacy, and research and writing skills, our expert tutors will teach your teen skills that will stay with him or her well into adulthood. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Increase confidence for taking on new challenges: We encourage positive attitudes towards studying so your teen understands how to persevere through tough challenges.
- Develop and build on important skills: The skill areas we focus on is up to you. We'll target time management, note taking or presentation skills — whatever your child needs!
- Improve on skills that will be important in the future: Sylvan is here to teach lifelong skills for presentations, goal setting and job interview preparation.