Balancing homework, essays and projects with after school activities and part-time jobs — not to mention social events — can be quite the challenge. Fortunately, our study skills program in the North Platte region is here to help your teen or pre-teen take on his or her busy schedule with confidence. Specially developed for students in grades 4-12, our study skills program focuses on equipping students with important critical thinking skills and valuable time management, organization and strategic planning abilities. After all, equipping your child with effective study skills can translate into greater success in the classroom, in college and in future careers. Get to know how our expert tutors in the North Platte region can help your son or daughter accomplish goals and take on any workload confidently.
A Comprehensive Education
While you may help your child figure out a math problem or proofread an English essay from time to time, teaching him or her successful study habits and strategies is not always so simple. Our tutors in the North Platte region use a wide range of study tactics, tips and techniques to teach practical skills that can be used both inside and outside the classroom: time management, organization, academic planning and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
What We Offer
Achieving academic success is one thing, but there's more to succeeding at school than exams and assignments alone. That's why our study skills experts in the North Platte region keep the big picture in mind. We've designed our program to ensure your son or daughter is fully prepared for the growing workloads and expectations ahead. That includes teaching proven goal-setting strategies and study tips that can be used time and again. In addition to these life-long skills, we also continually reinforce positive attitudes, building your teen's confidence at a crucial point in his or her journey to adulthood.
Our study skills program focuses on techniques for smarter studying, including:
- Time management for tackling workloads in an efficient manner.
- Academic and strategic planning for setting short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organizational habits for setting up a personal study area, organizing schoolwork, setting personal expectations and using an academic planner.
- Expectation management for pinpointing teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Preparation for college, including navigating admissions and essay requirements.
- Writing an impactful resume and cover letter, and interviewing for a job.