Trying to balance everything from schoolwork, essays and projects to college prep, extracurricular events and social activities is no easy task! But with Sylvan's study skills program in the North Platte region, you can help your teen or pre teen prepare for an exciting yet challenging time in his or her life. Specially developed for students in grades 4-12, our study skills program focuses on equipping students with important critical thinking skills and valuable time management, organization and strategic planning abilities. These skills can help set your child up for success in school, in college and in future careers. Get in touch with us today to learn more about how our tutoring experts in the North Platte region can help your child fulfill goals and tackle any workload.
A Comprehensive Education
You might be accustomed to assisting your child with a math question or an art project, but equipping him or her with effective study skills and strategies can be a challenge. Using an encompassing array of study strategies and techniques, our talented tutors in the North Platte region zero in on practical skills that can be put to use immediately in school and beyond: time management and organization, academic and strategic planning, and more.▼
Building Skills, Boosting Confidence
Succeeding academically doesn’t just mean getting a passing grade on a test or an exam. This is why our study skills tutors in the North Platte region take the bigger picture into account. We've designed our program to ensure your son or daughter is fully prepared for the growing workloads and expectations ahead. This means teaching invaluable goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied over and over again.
With our study skills program, your child will learn strategies including:
- Efficient and effective time and workload management.
- Strategic and academic planning for successfully setting and achieving short-term and long-term goals and projects.
- Organizational abilities for organizing schoolwork, setting up a personal study area, setting personal expectations and making the most of an academic planner.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Understanding college admissions requirements and how to tackle the college admission essay.
- Job interview preparation, including writing an effective resume and cover letter.