Trying to balance everything from schoolwork, essays and projects to college prep, extracurricular events and social activities is no easy task! But with Sylvan's study skills program in the North Platte region, you can help your teen or pre teen prepare for an exciting yet challenging time in his or her life. Specially developed for students in grades 4-12, our study skills program focuses on equipping students with important critical thinking skills and valuable time management, organization and strategic planning abilities. These skills can help set your child up for success in school, in college and in future careers. Get in touch with us today to learn more about how our tutoring experts in the North Platte region can help your child fulfill goals and tackle any workload.
A Comprehensive Education
You might be accustomed to assisting your child with a math question or an art project, but equipping him or her with effective study skills and strategies can be a challenge. Using an encompassing array of study strategies and techniques, our talented tutors in the North Platte region zero in on practical skills that can be put to use immediately in school and beyond: time management and organization, academic and strategic planning, and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Building Skills, Boosting Confidence
Succeeding academically doesn’t just mean getting a passing grade on a test or an exam. This is why our study skills tutors in the North Platte region take the bigger picture into account. We've designed our program to ensure your son or daughter is fully prepared for the growing workloads and expectations ahead. This means teaching invaluable goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied over and over again.
Our study skills program features such strategies and tactics as:
- Time management competencies for efficiently managing schedules and coursework.
- Strategic and academic planning in order to set and accomplish short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organizational abilities for streamlining schoolwork, arranging a personal study area, setting personal expectations and using an academic planner.
- Learning how to identify teacher expectations and use active listening.
- Getting to grips with college admissions requirements, including the college admission essay.
- Job interview tips and how to write a great resume and cover letter.