Balancing homework, essays and projects with after school activities and part-time jobs — not to mention social events — can be quite the challenge. But with Sylvan's study skills program in the North Platte region, you can help your teen or pre teen prepare for an exciting yet challenging time in his or her life. Tailored to students in grades 4-12, our study skills program aims to equip your child with important "higher order" thinking skills and strategies like academic planning, time management and resume preparation. After all, students with effective study skills are equipped to succeed not only in school and college but throughout the rest of their lives. Get in touch with us today to learn more about how our tutoring experts in the North Platte region can help your child fulfill goals and tackle any workload.
Our Comprehensive Approach
You might be accustomed to assisting your child with a math question or an art project, but equipping him or her with effective study skills and strategies can be a challenge. Using an encompassing array of study strategies and techniques, our talented tutors in the North Platte region zero in on practical skills that can be put to use immediately in school and beyond: time management and organization, academic and strategic planning, and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
What to Expect
Getting a passing grade on a test or exam is one thing, but academic achievement is much more than numbers alone. This is why our study skills tutors in the North Platte region take a look at the larger picture. We have carefully developed our program around preparing your son or daughter for the increasing workloads and growing expectations ahead. This involves teaching strategies for setting goals and equipping students with study tips that can be used over and over again.
Through our study skills program, your child will learn effective strategies including:
- Time management for tackling workloads in an efficient manner.
- Academic and strategic planning for setting short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organizational habits for setting up a personal study area, organizing schoolwork, setting personal expectations and using an academic planner.
- Expectation management for pinpointing teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Preparation for college, including navigating admissions and essay requirements.
- Writing an impactful resume and cover letter, and interviewing for a job.