It's never too early to develop strong study habits. With our Study Skills programs in Evergreen are designed to help students achieve their academic potential and manage an increasingly demanding academic workload from elementary school to college and beyond. Providing effective study tips is what our tutors do best, so if your child is falling behind or wants to get ahead in class, we’re here to make sure they achieve their goals.
Tips for Studying Smart
By combining instruction with plenty of practice and chances to test developing skills, we can make sure good study habits become ingrained!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Since no two children are exactly alike, the best approach for encouraging smart study habits and reinforcing positive attitudes and behaviors won’t be the same across the board. That's why our Personalized Tutoring program takes a comprehensive approach. You can expect the following skill sets to be covered:
- Active reading: Better comprehension is an important asset in any subject area.
- Effective note taking strategies: Using tools to make study time more productive, including flash cards and color coding.
- Time management: Higher scores are possible when your child learns how to organize and prioritize his or her workload.
- Research skills: Including how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- Mastering the writing process: Our students are taught to be effective, engaging communicators.
- Online safety: Including learning how to find and assess digital informational, and share it in a responsible fashion.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Our expert tutors know that teaching your teen things like smart study habits, good time management, how to set goals, digital literacy and strong research and writing skills are essential for success well into adulthood. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Sharpen the right skills: You decide the skill areas to focus on — such as note-taking or presentation skills — so we're concentrating on the areas most relevant to your teen.
- Gain more confidence: We encourage positive behaviors and attitudes to help teens gain the confidence to persevere and meet big expectations.
- Develop skills for the future: We can help him or her work on public speaking, goal setting and even job interview preparation.