Do you want your child to start building smart study habits now? Our Study Skills programs in Bozeman empower students to reach their full potential when faced with the challenges of a growing workload, from elementary school to college and beyond. Whether your child is falling behind or wants to get ahead, our tutors are here to help with effective study tips that make a difference.
Smart Study Techniques
When kids and teens face growing demands kids at school, it's critical to have well-developed study habits. By combining independent activities with personal instruction — and lots of chances to practice new skills — we ensure that good study habits quickly become second nature.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Seeing as every child has specialized needs, instilling helpful habits that emphasize positive behaviors and attitudes towards study habits won’t necessary be one size fits all. That’s where our Personalized Tutoring program comes in. A wide range of skills are covered, including:
- Reading comprehension: Active reading is a useful skill across all subjects
- Time management: Better prioritization and organization skills can add to study skills.
- Research skills: How to focus on a single subject, judge sources and write a proper bibliography.
- Note taking tips: Using color coding and flash cards as aids can help make study time more effective.
- Mastering writing skills: With practice, your child will understand the writing process and how to use it effectively.
- Online safety: How to locate, evaluate and responsibly share digital information.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Our expert tutors can help your teen gain academic skills that are useful well into adulthood, including goal setting, time management, study habits, research techniques and more. Our tutors know exactly how to motivate your teen to study hard and strive to meet — and exceed — expectations. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Sharpen the right skills: You decide the skill areas to focus on — such as note-taking or presentation skills — so we're concentrating on the areas most relevant to your teen.
- Apply the skills in the real world: Out students enjoy plenty of opportunities to apply their new strategies to projects and big tests.
- Gain more confidence: We encourage positive behaviors and attitudes to help teens gain the confidence to persevere and meet big expectations.
- Develop skills for the future: It's understandable — you want to see your teen succeed through college and beyond. We can help him or her work on public speaking, goal setting and even job interview preparation.