It's never too early to develop strong study habits! With our Study Skills programs in the Missoula region, your son or daughter has the opportunity to develop skills that will serve them well throughout their education. This includes skills for managing heavy workloads and strategies for easing the transition from elementary school to college and even into the workforce. Whether the aim is to prevent your child from falling behind or give them extra support to get ahead, our proven study tips and techniques will make a big difference.
Effective Study Techniques
Through a balanced mix of instruction and independent learning, we help make sure your child’s study habits become ingrained. These are life-long habits kids and teens can carry with them long after graduation!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Every child has different needs. That’s why a one-size-fits-all approach to learning just won’t work, especially when it comes to attitudes and behaviors that impact performance in every subject area. Our Personalized Tutoring program caters to the unique learning needs of each child. You can expect your child to be equipped with a skill set that includes:
- Active reading techniques: Reading comprehension skills play a key role in all school subjects.
- Conquering the writing process: We can help students become more skilled and proficient writers.
- Helpful strategies for taking notes: Get smart about study time with practical and effective techniques like color-coding and flash cards.
- Time management skills: Sometimes knowing where to begin is the hardest part. We’ll help your child learn how to successfully organize and prioritize a heavy workload.
- Research strategies: We take a deep dive into specific subjects and look at the best ways to write bibliographies and evaluate sources.
- Internet safety: We help kids learn how to use the internet safely and effectively, including finding, evaluating and sharing digital information in a responsible manner.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
From setting goals to developing more effective studying and research habits, we empower teens to hone skills they can carry with them well into their adult years. We provide the motivation and inspiration your child needs to go after goals and reach his or her full potential. Through our Advancement & Test Prep program, your teen will:
- Develop the appropriate competencies: This modular program lets you choose which topics to concentrate on, so we can be sure your teen’s specific needs are met.
- Build lifelong skills: Interactive learning means students have an abundance of opportunities to put their new competencies to work. This helps concepts truly stick and turns smart habits into lifelong skill sets.
- Improve confidence: By encouraging positive behaviors, we can help teens feel more confidence and prepared to tackle big expectations ahead.
- Get ready for greater responsibilities: The skills your teen learns at Sylvan don’t just come in handy in college. You son or daughter will also work on advanced goal setting techniques, job interview preparation and more.