It's never too early to develop strong study habits! Our Study Skills programs in the Billings region are the perfect way to ensure your son or daughter is equipped with foundational skills that will help boost results in the classroom and beyond. Areas of focus include time management skills to effectively transition from elementary school to college and even in the workplace. Whether the aim is to prevent your child from falling behind or give them extra support to get ahead, our proven study tips and techniques will make a big difference.
Get Smart About Studying
We combine instruction and independent practice to ensure that good study habits become second nature. These are life-long habits kids and teens can carry with them long after graduation!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Each child is different. This is why we never take a one-size-fits-all approach to learning, especially when certain behaviors and attitudes can have a big impact on every subject. Rest assured our Personalized Tutoring program caters to your son or daughter’s particular needs. The skill sets we focus on include:
- Techniques for active reading: Strengthened comprehension skills means better understanding in all classes.
- Key writing competencies: We can help students communicate more clearly through writing.
- Smart note-taking strategies: We can help make study time as productive as possible through practical techniques like flash cards and color-coding.
- Time management: As with any challenging workload, it can be overwhelming knowing where to start. We’ll help your child learn how to effectively organize and prioritize homework.
- Research skills: We take a look at specific subjects and explore the ideal ways to evaluate sources and prepare bibliographies.
- Cyber safety: We can help your budding learner find, evaluate and share digital information in a safe and responsible manner.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
We empower advanced students to master skills that will serve them well in school and beyond, from effective studying and goal-setting habits to writing and research skills. Our tutors know how to motivate and inspire students to reach their goals and get the best possible results. Our Advancement & Test Prep program helps your teen:
- Sharpen the right skills: This is a modular program. You get to decide which areas we focus on, ensuring we attend to your teen's most important needs.
- Develop lifelong skills: Our students enjoy plenty of opportunities to apply their new strategies. This reinforces concepts and turns good habits into lifelong assets.
- Feel more confident: We know how to foster positive behaviors, resulting in confident teens that prepare, persevere and meet big expectations.
- Get a head start on adult responsibilities: These skills don't stop at college. At Sylvan, your son or daughter can work on advanced techniques in goal setting, job interview preparation and even public speaking!