The older your child gets, the more difficult and demanding school assignments are going to become — but that just means he or she will have to develop the skills to conquer every new challenge that comes along. Sylvan's study skills program in Kansas City is designed to help students improve their time management, learn how to prepare for exams and start working towards a strong college application. It’s an effective way to nurture the skills to manage any “to do” list. After all, we emphasize practical organizational skills as part of our study skills program in addition to proven academic techniques. That’s how our experts prepare students in Kansas City for success an all facets of their lives.
An Approach Tailored to Your Child
When it comes to strengthening those all-important "higher order" thinking skills, different students have different needs. Whether they need assistance with exam prep, assignment planning, research methods or improving their active listening skills, we have it covered. That's why we personalize our sessions to make sure each student has the support and guidance to study more effectively, boost grades and gain more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors You Can Count On
So what is in store when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Kansas City? Our tutoring experts will teach practical skills for studying and organizing that can be used in and beyond the classroom. That includes revealing methods to take the intimidation factor out of assignments, projects and tests. We also help students foster their newly acquired habits and attitudes, recognizing each milestone reached and every skill mastered.
Our study skills program has it all:
- Time management tips, note-taking techniques and stronger organizational skills.
- Advanced comprehensive strategies, including active reading and active listening.
- Test prep and test day strategies that cover every kind of exam question and reveal how to control anxiety levels.
- How to evaluate sources, write a bibliography, and use digital resources responsibly.
- How to put together a successful college application.
- Resume and cover letter techniques, as well as job interview preparation tips.