Workloads grow and assignments get tougher as your child progresses through school, but there is a way to successfully take on these challenges. With our study skills program in Festus, you can help your child get ahead of the game when it comes to time management, test preparation and future challenges to come. It’s the perfect way to build an understanding of how to manage even the longest “to do” list.
A Customized, Personal Approach
When it comes to strengthening those all-important "higher order" thinking skills, different students have different needs. In fact, maximizing academic performance could take a variety of different techniques, such as active listening, assignment planning and exam preparation. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Can Help Make a Difference
So what happens once your son or daughter is registered for our study skills program in Festus? Our tutors will be there to encourage positive study and concentration skills that will last a lifetime. That includes revealing methods to take the intimidation factor out of assignments, projects and tests. We also acknowledge each and every milestone students reach, which helps to ensure they continue using their new-found habits, skills and attitudes.
Our program covers the following:
- How to set short-term and long-term goals strategically, and effectively manage time and workloads.
- How to organize schoolwork and create an effective personal study area.
- How to set personal and teacher expectations, and use an academic planner.
- How to navigate college admissions requirements, including the admission essay.
- How to write a resume and cover letter, and prepare for a job interview.