Do you need a writing tutor in the St. Louis region? From falling behind in writing assignments or needing a little extra practice to cement developing skills to getting ahead to start build a foundation for a successful future, we have skilled tutors who can help your child reach his or her goals.
Learning Personalized for Your Family
Sylvan’s programs are designed to help each and every child build strong writing skills, so your son or daughter is sure to get the kind of guidance that will lead to success. Both the basics of sentence structure and how to write the best college admissions essay possible will be covered, as well as everything in between — our writing tutors will also make sure your child has fun in along the way!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child is struggling to meet writing level expectations, our Personalized Tutoring program could be a great option to help him or her improve skills and start acing writing assignments free of frustration. Here’s what you can look forward to with Personalized Tutoring: Here’s what Personalized Tutoring can provide:
- The confidence to be a more engaging writer. Starting with the fundamentals of the writing process including compositing, revising and editing, we make sure your child has a solid foundation.
- Noticeable results in the classroom. Our writing program is designed around the standards of college and career readiness, so the focus is on relevant skills.
- Budget-friendly rates. Our hourly rates are comparable to other tutors in the area, so getting the writing help your family needs is affordable.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is a good fit if your child would benefit from extra practice to improve skills needed for writing-based assignment and tests. With Academic Coaching, you’ll get:
- Proactive tutoring support that builds skills needed to keep up in class and complete homework.
- Learning sessions personalized to your child’s needs, from skill practice to homework help and tips for studying for tests.
- Interactive activities that emphasize hands-on learning.
- Expert tutors who use modern teaching methods to make sure difficult concepts make sense (so you don’t have to be the expert!).
- Budget-friendly rates with monthly packages that keep things simple.
Advanced Writing and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
Well-developed writing skills are essential for the student on the academic fast track. This program is dedicated to helping your child ace advanced courses and learn the research-based writing skills he or she needs to complete tests and assignments with writing requirements as well as write compelling college admissions essays. With this program, you can expect:
- High confidence in tackling writing assignments and challenges.
- The basics of composition and research skills that will serve your child well in advanced courses.
- Expert support in writing a college admissions essay that gets noticed.
- Strengthen developing skills with hands-on practice in research and writing.
- Budget-friendly hourly rates.
Ready for Results?
Our Academic Checkup helps us highlight the unique strengths and needs of your child, allowing our expert tutors to focus on the areas that need the most attention for success. For a limited time, you can get started for $95*! Contact us now to learn more!