Attempting to juggle everything from school projects and essays to extracurricular sports and activities — not to mention maintaining a social life — is not an easy task. However, Sylvan’s study skills program in the St. Louis region can help ensure your teen is well-equipped for this thrilling yet turbulent period in his or her life. Specially developed for students in grades 4-12, our study skills program focuses on equipping students with important critical thinking skills and valuable time management, organization and strategic planning abilities. These skills can make a lasting impact in the classroom, in college and in future careers. Get to know how our expert tutors in the St. Louis region can help your son or daughter accomplish goals and take on any workload confidently.
A Practical Approach for Tangible Results
While you may be familiar with helping your child with a spelling question or a science fair project, equipping him or her with effective study skills and techniques may not come as easy. Rest assured our skilled tutors in the St. Louis region use a range of study strategies to equip your child with practical skills that can be applied in school, in college and beyond: organizational tactics, time management techniques, academic planning tips and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Building Skills, Boosting Confidence
There’s much more to achieving academic success than receiving a good grade on an assignment or an exam. That's why our study skills experts in the St. Louis region keep the big picture in mind. Our program is devised to ensure your child is well prepared and properly equipped for the mounting workloads and expectations ahead. That includes teaching proven goal-setting strategies and study tips that can be used time and again. In addition to these life-long skills, we also continually reinforce positive attitudes, building your teen's confidence at a crucial point in his or her journey to adulthood.
Our study skills program focuses on techniques for smarter studying, including:
- Time management for effectively managing time and schoolwork.
- Strategic planning for setting short-term and long term-goals.
- Academic planning for mapping out and tracking long-term projects.
- Better organization for tackling coursework, optimizing a personal study area, setting personal expectations and utilizing an academic planner.
- How to use active listening.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- Getting to understand college admissions requirements, including the college admission essay.
- Job interviewing techniques and how to write an impactful cover letter and resume.