A reading tutor you can rely on in the Columbia and Jefferson City region could be just the thing you need to assist your child with improving reading skills, building confidence and getting the kind of results that make an impact in the classroom—and beyond. If you’re starting to notice your child is falling behind, could use a little extra practice or wants to get ahead, our tutors can provide guidance that is personalized for success.
Personalized, Results-Oriented Learning
At Sylvan, we offer a selection of reading tutoring approaches to make sure your child is receiving the guidance he or she needs to succeed. After we determine your child’s current reading level, we’ll be able to recommend the program that will make sure he or she is getting results.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
For students who are having a hard time keeping up with reading level expectations, this program can help them build confidence and catch up. Our intensive reading tutoring is designed to provide your son or daughter with guidance in building on skills that are on-par with grade level. Our Personalized Tutoring program can offer your child:
- Success in the classroom and during homework time. Progress guaranteed!
- The unique support your child requires. The results of our thorough reading assessment help us to identify what your child needs in order to improve fluency and reading comprehension.
- More confidence and lots of support. Our certified reading tutors will constantly adjust your child’s personalized learning plan to make sure it’s a challenge—but never frustrating!
- The right skills for success. Thanks to our local school-aligned curriculum, everything your child is learning will have a direct impact in the classroom.
- Competitive rates. Comparable to private tutors and other tutoring companies, our prices guarantee you’re getting the best reading help for your family at a reasonable rate.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is a big help for kids who need extra guidance completing reading-related homework and tests, as well as staying on track in the classroom. With Academic Coaching, you can expect:
- Proactive tutoring that will help improve reading comprehension skills so your child can tackle homework assignments and participate in class with confidence.
- Learning sessions that encourage skill practice and test prep with methods designed to target your child’s needs.
- A school-aligned curriculum that is designed to match up with what your child is learning in class.
- Interactive activities that encourage the understanding of different types of material through hands-on practice.
- Competitive prices with monthly packages that fit into your budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
If your child has set ambitious goals and needs some tips for managing a heavy workload, acing assignments with a large reading component or prepping for big tests, this program can be a huge help. Make sure your teen is keeping up with advanced coursework and excelling in college-level classes with Sylvan’s Advanced Skills course. You can expect the following with this program:
- The confidence to conquer difficult workloads.
- Efficient reading skills that contribute to completing assignments in advanced classes.
- Well developed time management skills to help juggle homework and studying for tests with strong reading requirements—such as the ACT or SAT.
- Improved scores on homework assignments, big tests and college entrance exams.
- Added preparedness for the higher expectations of college.
- Competitive hourly rates that fit into your budget.
Don't Wait to See Results
Get started for only $95 for a limited time. Sylvan Insight™ Assessment is a great way to pinpoint strengths and tailor lessons to target skill gaps. Give us a call or fill out or form to get in touch so we can discuss your requirements and how we can help.