With Sylvan’s study skills program in Mississippi, you can help your son or daughter prepare for increasing school workloads and the future challenges that come with college life. Our program, which is specifically designed for students in grades 4-12, teaches valuable problem solving, critical thinking and life management skills that help kids more effectively manage their time and organize their schoolwork. You'll see confidence levels soar as your child picks up life-long tools that he or she can put to good use in the classroom and beyond! There’s no better time than now to equip your child for success: contact your local Sylvan in Mississippi now to get started.
A Bright Future Starts With a Smart Approach
As homework, extracurricular activities and social engagements start to pile up, it's easy to see how busy it is to be a modern student. With college applications to consider as well, it can be a real challenge to stay on top of things. This is where our study skills program — and our tutoring experts — can have a positive effect, helping students take on any project more effectively with practical strategies for planning, managing and prioritizing their schedules and workloads.
Life-Long Skills to Succeed, Starting in Grade 4
Greater achievements need a solid foundation. That’s why our study skills program in Mississippi emphasizes skills and strategies that students can use at school right away — and, eventually, continue using them to succeed at college and in professional settings. We always take the bigger picture into consideration, so our goal is to instill lifelong knowledge for personal and academic success. Together we can build your child’s skillset (and confidence!) so he or she can take on any challenge.
Your Son or Daughter Will Learn:
- How to manage workloads and schedules better.
- Strategies for short-term and long-term goal setting.
- Techniques for project planning, tracking and management.
- Organizational methods for effective personal study areas and efficient approaches to homework.
- How to set personal expectations, track grades and make effective use of an academic calendar.
- Active listening skills.
- How to successfully apply for college and write a compelling admission essay.
- Job interview preparation techniques, including how to create a resume that works.