Help ensure your son or daughter is prepared for the growing workloads of school and the upcoming challenges of college with Sylvan’s study skills program in Mississippi. Through our study skills program, kids and teens in grades 4-12 will learn important problem solving, critical thinking and life management skills that will help them organize and manage packed schedules and increasing schoolwork more effectively. There's no doubt about it: your child's confidence will soar as he or she learns lifelong tools and techniques that can be applied in the classroom and beyond! Contact your local Sylvan in Mississippi now to find out how we can equip your child for success.
A Smart Approach to a Brighter Future
As homework, extracurricular activities and social engagements start to pile up, it's easy to see how busy it is to be a modern student. With college applications to consider as well, it can be a real challenge to stay on top of things. This is where our study skills program — and our tutoring experts — can have a positive effect, helping students take on any project more effectively with practical strategies for planning, managing and prioritizing their schedules and workloads.
Life-Long Skills to Succeed, Starting in Grade 4
Success starts with a solid foundation. So our study skills program in Mississippi is all about the kind of transferable skills and strategies that can be applied immediately in the classroom — as well as in college and professional settings later on. Because we see the bigger picture, we’re always dedicated to instilling lifelong knowledge that can help your son or daughter thrive personally and academically. We’re ready to build your child’s skillset so he or she can take on any challenge with confidence.
Your Teen Will Learn:
- How to manage workloads and schedules better.
- Strategies for short-term and long-term goal setting.
- Techniques for project planning, tracking and management.
- Organizational methods for effective personal study areas and efficient approaches to homework.
- How to set personal expectations, track grades and make effective use of an academic calendar.
- Active listening skills.
- How to successfully apply for college and write a compelling admission essay.
- Job interview preparation techniques, including how to create a resume that works.