As school workloads grow and the challenges of college get closer, you can help ensure your son or daughter is prepared with Sylvan’s study skills program in Mississippi. Through our program, kids in grades 4-12 develop useful life management, problem solving and critical thinking skills to help them better organize their busy schedules and stay on top of schoolwork assignments. You'll see a noticeable confidence boost as your child gets to grips with life-long tools and techniques that can be used at school at beyond! We're ready to equip your child for success: simply contact your local Sylvan in Mississippi to get started or to find out more.
A Smart Approach to a Brighter Future
Between homework, advanced classes, extracurricular activities and part-time jobs (not to mention socializing!), most modern students have a lot on their plate. And once college applications start, it can be even more difficult to stay on top of things. That's why our study skills program is tailored to have a lasting positive effect, helping students gain important strategies to plan, manage and prioritize their schedules and workloads more effectively than ever before.▼
The Skills to Achieve More in School and Beyond
A solid foundation is crucial for success. For that reason, Sylvan's study skills program in Mississippi is designed to equip teens with transferable skills and strategies that can be used in the classroom and, after that, at college and in career settings. In other words, we always consider the bigger picture, and our goal is to impart lifelong knowledge that can go a long way to ensuring your son or daughter's personal and academic success. Help your child take on any challenge with confidence: find out how we can enhance his or her skillset.
Your Teen Will Learn:
- How to manage workloads and schedules better.
- Strategies for short-term and long-term goal setting.
- Techniques for project planning, tracking and management.
- Organizational methods for effective personal study areas and efficient approaches to homework.
- How to set personal expectations, track grades and make effective use of an academic calendar.
- Active listening skills.
- How to successfully apply for college and write a compelling admission essay.
- Job interview preparation techniques, including how to create a resume that works.