As school workloads grow and the challenges of college get closer, you can help ensure your son or daughter is prepared with Sylvan’s study skills program in Mississippi. Our program, which is tailored for kids and teens in grades 4-12, focuses on the kind of life management, critical thinking and problem solving skills needed to manage schoolwork and organize busy schedules more effectively. There's no doubt about it: your child's confidence will soar as he or she learns lifelong tools and techniques that can be applied in the classroom and beyond! There’s no better time than now to equip your child for success: contact your local Sylvan in Mississippi now to get started.
Start Now, Succeed Tomorrow
Whether it's extracurricular classes, homework assignments, a part-time job or the demands of a full social life, there’s no doubting that students often have a lot on their plate. And when college applications eventually come about, it can be an even greater challenge to stay on top of everything. That's where our tutoring experts step in, offering a study skills program that focuses on effective planning, managing and prioritizing skills — helping students take on any project and achieve the right results.▼
From Grade 4 to High School Graduation and Beyond
Success starts with a solid foundation. For that reason, Sylvan's study skills program in Mississippi is designed to equip teens with transferable skills and strategies that can be used in the classroom and, after that, at college and in career settings. At Sylvan, we're always mindful of the bigger picture, so we're dedicated to teaching lifelong knowledge that helps to ensure your son or daughter's lasting personal and academic success. We’re ready to build your child’s skillset so he or she can take on any challenge with confidence.
Here's What Your Teen Will Learn:
- How to manage workloads and schedules better.
- Strategies for short-term and long-term goal setting.
- Techniques for project planning, tracking and management.
- Organizational methods for effective personal study areas and efficient approaches to homework.
- How to set personal expectations, track grades and make effective use of an academic calendar.
- Active listening skills.
- How to successfully apply for college and write a compelling admission essay.
- Job interview preparation techniques, including how to create a resume that works.