Developing strong study habits early on is essential if you want your child to succeed. With our Study Skills programs in Eagan are designed to help students achieve their academic potential and manage an increasingly demanding academic workload from elementary school to college and beyond. Our tutors are here to provide assistance with study tips whether your child is slipping behind or looking for strategies to get ahead, so he or she is sure to progress.
Studying Smarter with Instant Results
The evolving demands facing kids and teens at school require well-developed study habits. We ensure that good habits become second nature by combining personal instruction with independent practice—and plentiful opportunities to put developing skills to the test!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Seeing as every child has specialized needs, instilling helpful habits that emphasize positive behaviors and attitudes towards study habits won’t necessary be one size fits all. That’s where our Personalized Tutoring programs can help. The following skill sets will be covered:
- Effective note taking strategies: There are many ways to make study time more productive, such as flash cards and color coding.
- Active reading strategies: Strong comprehension skills are important in every subject.
- Research skills: Focusing on a particular subject, we explore how to evaluate sources and create a bibliography.
- Mastering the writing process: We know how to bring out each student's inner writer, transforming them into much more effective communicators.
- Time management: Take the stress out of growing workloads with advanced organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Online safety: We help students learn how to use the internet safely, including how to evaluate and share digital informational responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Our expert tutors teach teens skills that can be used in school, college and beyond, including digital literacy, goal setting, study habits, time management and more. By motivating and inspiring hard work, our tutors can ensure your teen reaches his or her full potential. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Increase confidence for taking on new challenges: In addition to teaching practical skills, we'll encourage positive attitudes towards studying so your teen understands how to persevere through tough challenges.
- Develop and build on important skills: The skill areas we focus on is up to you. We'll target time management, note taking or presentation skills — whatever your child needs!
- Consistently put developing skills to use: We make sure to provide your teen with plenty of chances to put newly-learned skills to the test. This encourages the development of habits and reinforces challenging concepts.
- Improve on skills that will be important in the future: From high school graduation and beyond, you want to see your teen continue to succeed. Sylvan is here to teach lifelong skills for presentations, goal setting and job interview preparation.