As your child continues to progress through each grade, workloads and assignments will become tougher to manage — but there are strategies for conquering new challenges with ease. Thanks to Sylvan’s study skills programs in Chaska, your child will develop better time management and test preparation skills, successfully preparing for the challenges that lie ahead. It's a great way to make sure that growing "to do" list doesn't have any negative effects.
Tailored to be More Personal
Different students have different needs when it comes to mastering those critically important "higher order" thinking skills. We provide tips for smarter assignment planning and exam preparation as well as effective research strategies and advice on how to improve in-class learning with better active listening skills. At Sylvan, we’ll spend time understanding each student’s personal needs and learning style in order to make sure they get the most out of every session, building confidence and better study skills along the way.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
We're Here to Make a Difference
So what happens once your son or daughter is registered for our study skills program in Chaska? You'll see that our tutors are experts at instilling study habits that will serve your child well in the classroom and beyond. That includes advice on how to make test preparation and project planning more manageable. We also work on encouraging a positive attitude and acknowledging students for every goal and milestone reached.
Our study skills program has it all:
- Guidance towards effective planning and time management strategies.
- Tips for more efficient note-taking like using flash cards.
- Reading comprehension techniques that will improve ability to understand and retain information.
- Research best practices for finding quality online sources and sharing digital information as responsibly as possible.
- Advice for improving written communication skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies cover different types of questions and help manage nerves.
- Guidance through the college admissions process and tips for preparing for job interviews.
- Handy scheduling options that will make it easier to fit in all your priorities.