With Sylvan’s study skills program in Minnesota, you can help your son or daughter prepare for increasing school workloads and the future challenges that come with college life. Our program focuses on problem solving, critical thinking and life management skills that kids in grades 4-12 can use to organize their schoolwork and manage their busy schedules more effectively. You'll see confidence levels soar as your child picks up life-long tools that he or she can put to good use in the classroom and beyond! We're ready to equip your child for success: simply contact your local Sylvan in Minnesota to get started or to find out more.
A Successful Future Starts Now
Between homework, advanced classes, extracurricular activities and part-time jobs (not to mention socializing!), most modern students have a lot on their plate. And once college applications start, it can be even more difficult to stay on top of things. That's why our study skills program is tailored to have a lasting positive effect, helping students gain important strategies to plan, manage and prioritize their schedules and workloads more effectively than ever before.▼
Life-Long Skills to Succeed, Starting in Grade 4
A solid foundation is crucial for success. That’s why we've tailored our study skills program in Minnesota to equip teens with skills and strategies that are not only applicable at school right away, but can also be used at college and, eventually, in a career setting. Because we see the bigger picture, we’re always dedicated to instilling lifelong knowledge that can help your son or daughter thrive personally and academically. Find out how we can strengthen your child’s skillset so he or she can handle any challenge.
Your Teen Will Learn:
- How to better manage time and workloads.
- Strategies to set achievable short-term and long-term goals.
- Techniques to plan and track projects.
- Organizational methods for setting up an effective personal study area and tackling homework.
- How to track grades and design an academic calendar.
- Communications skills, including active listening.
- How to apply to college and prepare for job interviews, including resume and cover letter writing tips.